Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2006, 10:18 PM

Feral Children on Channel4

Lorna, (Sweetveronica on here) kindly told me of a programme that was on tonight about feral children.

Did anyone see this? It was about children who had been abused/neglected in some way and had grown up either in total isolation, or brought up by dogs. I thought it was very interesting!
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-07-2006, 10:49 PM
it's one of them programs i try to avoid because it plays on my mind for days after
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie
Lorna, (Sweetveronica on here) kindly told me of a programme that was on tonight about feral children.

Did anyone see this? It was about children who had been abused/neglected in some way and had grown up either in total isolation, or brought up by dogs. I thought it was very interesting!
We usually get the Ch4 progs over here in Wales a few days later on S4C. I'll look out for this, sounds very interesting.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2006, 11:54 PM
I started to watch it, but found it hard to watch Not sure why but something about it made me turn over
I read about the people in a magazine once and found it interesting, but seeing it on tv kind of creeped me out
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2006, 05:46 AM
It's actually been on before. I found it fascinating. I can think of worse things than being raised by a pack of dogs.... some humans for instance.....
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2006, 07:34 AM
The one that got me was the oldest girl (can't remember her name) who desperately wanted to see her parents again despite them being the ones who caused her from a very young age to live with the dogs. The mother was nowhere to be found, but the father and a half sister travelled to the centre she lives. It was so amazing to see her happy to see the man who was partly responsible, all she wanted was to feel loved.

Amazing.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2006, 08:52 AM
I can't watch anything like that as it really distresses me Kids don't ask to be brought into this world, they certainly don't ask to be treated in the way some of them are
Zanny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-07-2006, 06:39 PM
I watched it last night and found it really interesting. It showed that if they are found after the age of 6 years then its nearly impossible for the child to be intergrated into 'normal' socity (sp)
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2006, 06:43 PM
What part of the world is this?
Zanny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-07-2006, 07:02 PM
2 kids in different areas of the Ukrine (boy now 6 yrs - found when he was four, Girl now 21/23 found when 13 I think but had some lanuage skills when found) and one in the US (they were the kids that where found in the pass 10 years or so) they also spoke about other feral children found before then and how they helped to rehabiliate the current feral child
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >