Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2013, 06:54 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Thursday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

Bit dark this morning, or is that because I'm up earlier. I looked out the window half an hour ago and there was quite a frost but it was dry, and now it's suddenly warmed up, blowing a gale and chucking it down, so that's put paid to my planned walk on the beach I think. Better than snow I suppose.

Had a great night's sleep, slept like a log and I think Zena did too the way she was all curled up upside down in her bed.

Lynn, good luck with Gorden's planned itinery, I hope it finally happens for him. Sal, good luck with that husband of yours if you're taking him back to the hospital, but he's probably changed his mind by this morning anyway. Hope everyone is well along with the doglets.

Nothing planned here today, and Dave is back home tonight, but at least he's been busy at work and should be on the up!

Valentine's Day today so I'm off to open my card that Dave has left me Enjoy your day everyone
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-02-2013, 06:59 AM
Morning all.

4 inches of snow here yesterday but awoke today to see most of it has thawed which is good as my parents are travelling up from Englandshire.

Happy everybody
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2013, 07:07 AM
Morning Phil, hope they have a safe journey from Englandshire then
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-02-2013, 07:11 AM
Morning Helena and Phil and all.
Dark here to this morning but Dillon did decide just before 6 he would like some company. Good job I was awake and ready to get up.
Raining here and the snow is at last starting to disappear again and I hope for good this time.
Well got the full story when Gorden and I met up after he finished work last night and it could be today or tomorrow that he trips off to the Nigerian Embassy for the visa.
So he may be sitting around for a while today for nothing but they are paying him. For one or two days depending on when he has to go.
The Headteacher understands his predicament but was none the less upset she will have one day with him not there and possibly two the children miss him also as he does some interesting things with them.
If the contracts arrive for Kazakhstan he then has that bridge to cross with her if he decides to go and if its next week.

Happy Valentines everyone.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2013, 07:20 AM
Morning Lynn, your head must be spinning with all this uncertainty going on I suppose if they're paying him, what does it matter really, I'd like a job like that What with all this stress, and then all that travelling here and there in such a short space of time, I hope he'll be able to concentrate on what he's there for!! They do expect a lot from people don't they Good luck to Gorden, I hope something concrete happens today.

Just opened a lovely card from Dave and instead of the usual humourous card,he's got me a lovey dovey serious one with some lovely words in it,. and then he's written in it "believe it or not, it's all true"!!! Awwww, maybe he does still love me afterall then I'd better change the card I bought him now
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2013, 07:25 AM
Morning H, Phil Lynn and all

It's dry here atm H, I hope it's travelling in an easterly direction!

I hope your parents have a good journey Phil.

Fingers crossed things pan out for you today Lynn. Lol at that big softy Dillon, he's a big teddy bear.

I should think there will be some sore heads today after those rather large wine glasses, I refrained last night, what will they get up to next!

I had a bit of a start this morning, it sounded like something was in my room at the window, or trying to get in I had to hang on to Fiji as she wanted to sort it out, the other two couldn't be bothered to stir themselves! I know my neighbour has had rats move in but we had no sign, thoughts were they were avoiding the dogs. Fiji will try to go through the walls or floor if she thinks anything is there.

I am taking my cousin for a hospital appointment today, my sister is coming along and we are hoping to get a couple of hours in at his bungalow. I have mixed feelings about my cousin going back but he wants to see the new bathroom. I am hoping when he realises it wont ever be the same he will come to terms with the fact that he will never be able to go back.

I hope you all have a good day.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-02-2013, 07:27 AM
Morning Helena morning all
Happy VALENTINES DAY
Snow has got a bit of a shift as its starting to thaw ,not that it'll bother the hounds ,will let us get a better walk in today as yesterday was miserable .
Hope all poorly dogs and people are on the mend problems solved
No romantic dinner here tonight as oh away today till Tuesday ,(as if )
Nothing much planed ,car to garage for it MOT not looking forward to that .

Hope everyone has some nice surprises today
Take care stay safe xxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2013, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning H, Phil Lynn and all

It's dry here atm H, I hope it's travelling in an easterly direction!

I hope your parents have a good journey Phil.

Fingers crossed things pan out for you today Lynn. Lol at that big softy Dillon, he's a big teddy bear.

I should think there will be some sore heads today after those rather large wine glasses, I refrained last night, what will they get up to next!

I had a bit of a start this morning, it sounded like something was in my room at the window, or trying to get in I had to hang on to Fiji as she wanted to sort it out, the other two couldn't be bothered to stir themselves! I know my neighbour has had rats move in but we had no sign, thoughts were they were avoiding the dogs. Fiji will try to go through the walls or floor if she thinks anything is there.

I am taking my cousin for a hospital appointment today, my sister is coming along and we are hoping to get a couple of hours in at his bungalow. I have mixed feelings about my cousin going back but he wants to see the new bathroom. I am hoping when he realises it wont ever be the same he will come to terms with the fact that he will never be able to go back.

I hope you all have a good day.
Morning Gerry Oh my goodness, what on earth have you got there then?! I hope your cousin can cope with going back to his bungalow and seeing how much it has changed with all the hard work. Such a shame he can't ever go back I hope he comes to terms with it all with your help.

Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
Morning Helena morning all
Happy VALENTINES DAY
Snow has got a bit of a shift as its starting to thaw ,not that it'll bother the hounds ,will let us get a better walk in today as yesterday was miserable .
Hope all poorly dogs and people are on the mend problems solved
No romantic dinner here tonight as oh away today till Tuesday ,(as if )
Nothing much planed ,car to garage for it MOT not looking forward to that .

Hope everyone has some nice surprises today
Take care stay safe xxxxxxx
Morning Norma No red roses today then???!!! I doubt I'll get any either, and our romantic meal will be a curry, so not so romantic for me with the aftermath emitting from Dave's direction tonight!!! Hope the car passes its MOT for you, so good luck with that.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Morning H and all,

Happy Valentines day everyone. I will of course be waiting for a call from Johnny Depp to see if he can get here to take me on a wild romantic evening tonight

Other than that I have just got soaked to the skin taking Lily out, but like you H I would rather that than have the damn snow.

I have got to run Charly to uni today to save her one of the 2 hr bus trips (it only takes 20mins in the car) as she has to pop in and then she wants to get back as she has a big interview for a vac scheme with the international law firm in London she has had the odd week with before tomorrow and needs to prepare.

Work later and I may try to get to this hospital this afternoon for my chest x-ray before work if it stops raining, as I still havn't been for it.

Lynn I hope Gordon gets everything sorted today.

Have a good day all and take care.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2013, 08:02 AM
Good morning all.

We had about an inch of snow last night, but it's chucking it down with rain this morning so it's all cleared. Very dark sort of morning, but it feels a lot warmer than it did - which wasn't difficult because it's been freezing this past week.

My mum had an appointment at the stroke clinic yesterday (she had a minor stroke a while ago) and they have said that they don't think she has Parkinsons Disease (the GP thought it may be possible). She has hardening of the arteries in the brain and they think it's this that is causing the dizziness and other symptoms she has. She's now being referred to a neurologist to see if they can give her anything to stop her feeling so ill all the time

The day is supposed to brighten up later and be quite mild so we are going into town this afternoon if that's the case.

Mmmm. Valentines Day??? What's that??

Heck, it was out 43rd wedding anniversary at the very end of January and the day sailed past without either of us remembering. 'Fraid we aren't very romantic souls.

I'm quite enjoying the James Herriot books - nice, easy read with each chapter a different story, but with an overall theme. I like 'easy read' books.

I hope everyone gets their plans sorted out to their satisfaction today and that you, Bev, finally get for that x-ray (it really is important to look after yourself too you know).

Have a good 'un all and stay safe! xxxxx
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »