View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2012, 04:15 PM
My oh my! You have found your own corner of heaven! I'm thrilled to bits for you, I know you haven't had the best time of things so far this year, behopes this is a turning point for you and happy times lay ahead in your beautiful new home. x
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Wow, that view is amazing! I hope you're very happy in your new home
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Oh wow H, what a stunning home you've got. It's gorgeous....and those views.......oh wow. I'm so pleased for you. Happy new home x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Thanks guys, this is just getting better and better here!!!

Dave's been busy putting up new pewter granny rods coz I couldn't stand the brass rusty ones, then we popped up to the van for some curtain hooks and when we got back at around 4.30, the neighbours came and sat on our driveway, coz the kids wanted to play with Zena. They were throwing her ball out on the front open grass area, Dave was chatting to the neighbour and so was I, then his 2 dogs came back all wet and muddy from a long walk in the woods with his mates, and he asked us if we wanted to go to this beautiful clifftop for a walk (by this time it was 7 pm ). So we rushed up the steps to lock up, threw Zena in the car who was already worn out, he threw his 3 kids and 2 dogs and wife into his car and off we went, I followed him.

WOW, what a fantastic walk, the dogs were running around like total nutters, his 1 yr old goldendoodle thingy kept trying to rob Zena's ball, but she thought it was all good fun, the other goldie had a football, and they ran and they ran and they ran together no nastiness whatsoever! Their little boy of 5 has taken to me big time, just like that other little chap back at the old house. He saw how bad my leg was to walk uphill, and he insisted that I used his head as a walking stick, so I played along with that. Then he insisted that I held his hand, and then he wanted both hands coz he said I was cold and they needed warming up He helped me over the bolders on the quarry path, putting my hand back on his head for support then he held me tight in case I fell over When we went to leave, he came running over to give me a big hug and said he's sorry he hasn't introduced himself yet but his name is Dave lol, then he asked me what my name was, so I told him, and he said he likes me very much!!!!

Oh what a fab time we had, we didn't get home till 8pm when it was getting dark, poor Zena is totally zonked out, we're too knackered to even have a shower, but who cares!!! These people are very down to earth, she's a teacher, their eldest son is a bit downs syndrome, but you can have a conversation with him, and the middle boy adores Zena and is very impressed with her heelwork, and I tell you what, she adored these kids, even though sometimes they scruffed her a tad, she always gave them her ball to throw and she always went back to them when they called her, bless her sweet heart. Obviously, she did the barkey bit at them at first, but their dad told them to just sit down next to him on the driveway and let her go to them which she eventually did once I got her ball out of the car.

If this is my new life then bring it oooooooooon!!! I can see we're gonna have some great times with these nutty neighbours, their kids and their nutty dogs, and even Dave enjoyed it and he doesn't do people, especially people he doesn't know, but he was up for it when they dragged us off!

Oh lordy, this really is heaven here, I don't think I'm ever gonna be lonely even when Dave is back at work for 3 days a week do you??!!

And the BEST thing yet is................I haven't seen ONE pile of dog sh*te!!!!! That's because people who walk in our woods live up this road and they use the dog bin at the front gate to it!!! Zena has been doing THE most perfect poops ever since we arrived, no yellow, no sloppy no nothing, just normal rolly polly dark brown poops the kind I like to see!!! Sound like heaven to you??? It's like being on a permanent holiday living here!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks guys, this is just getting better and better here!!!

Dave's been busy putting up new pewter granny rods coz I couldn't stand the brass rusty ones, then we popped up to the van for some curtain hooks and when we got back at around 4.30, the neighbours came and sat on our driveway, coz the kids wanted to play with Zena. They were throwing her ball out on the front open grass area, Dave was chatting to the neighbour and so was I, then his 2 dogs came back all wet and muddy from a long walk in the woods with his mates, and he asked us if we wanted to go to this beautiful clifftop for a walk (by this time it was 7 pm ). So we rushed up the steps to lock up, threw Zena in the car who was already worn out, he threw his 3 kids and 2 dogs and wife into his car and off we went, I followed him.

WOW, what a fantastic walk, the dogs were running around like total nutters, his 1 yr old goldendoodle thingy kept trying to rob Zena's ball, but she thought it was all good fun, the other goldie had a football, and they ran and they ran and they ran together no nastiness whatsoever! Their little boy of 5 has taken to me big time, just like that other little chap back at the old house. He saw how bad my leg was to walk uphill, and he insisted that I used his head as a walking stick, so I played along with that. Then he insisted that I held his hand, and then he wanted both hands coz he said I was cold and they needed warming up He helped me over the bolders on the quarry path, putting my hand back on his head for support then he held me tight in case I fell over When we went to leave, he came running over to give me a big hug and said he's sorry he hasn't introduced himself yet but his name is Dave lol, then he asked me what my name was, so I told him, and he said he likes me very much!!!!

Oh what a fab time we had, we didn't get home till 8pm when it was getting dark, poor Zena is totally zonked out, we're too knackered to even have a shower, but who cares!!! These people are very down to earth, she's a teacher, their eldest son is a bit downs syndrome, but you can have a conversation with him, and the middle boy adores Zena and is very impressed with her heelwork, and I tell you what, she adored these kids, even though sometimes they scruffed her a tad, she always gave them her ball to throw and she always went back to them when they called her, bless her sweet heart. Obviously, she did the barkey bit at them at first, but their dad told them to just sit down next to him on the driveway and let her go to them which she eventually did once I got her ball out of the car.

If this is my new life then bring it oooooooooon!!! I can see we're gonna have some great times with these nutty neighbours, their kids and their nutty dogs, and even Dave enjoyed it and he doesn't do people, especially people he doesn't know, but he was up for it when they dragged us off!

Oh lordy, this really is heaven here, I don't think I'm ever gonna be lonely even when Dave is back at work for 3 days a week do you??!!

And the BEST thing yet is................I haven't seen ONE pile of dog sh*te!!!!! That's because people who walk in our woods live up this road and they use the dog bin at the front gate to it!!! Zena has been doing THE most perfect poops ever since we arrived, no yellow, no sloppy no nothing, just normal rolly polly dark brown poops the kind I like to see!!! Sound like heaven to you??? It's like being on a permanent holiday living here!!!
Only comment I can think of is: "YAY!"
xxx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2012, 06:27 AM
Sounds absolutely brilliant H, I can hear the happiness in your writing, and the fact that Zena is so happy really must have made those months of stress seem so worthwhile.

All I can say is enjoy, enjoy, enjoy xx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2012, 06:41 AM
Sounds like the plan came together big style for you all and I couldn't be happier for you.

The village where we live is nicknamed the 'waiting for God' village as it's residents are mostly retired. If this is waiting for God, bring it on because I love my life . You sound as though you are going to be just the same Helena. Heaven on Earth isn't it
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2012, 07:05 AM
Sounds truly fabulous Mrs B. Good luck in your new home (by the sounds of it you don't need it) xxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
So glad it's all working out like you hoped H must try to log in more often and read the next chapter regards to you and D and big hug to Zena.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Wow! Looks amazing, H! Hope you all have a happy life there! All the best. xx
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >