Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by twix View Post
So is my OH, you have my sympathies. We seem to be in competition with the neighbours over who can have the most tarpaulin covering up leaking roofs

my hubby was classic last night....he said........''so what will you need to fix it''
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Is he going to hold the ladder for you while you're up there??!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by twix View Post
Is he going to hold the ladder for you while you're up there??!!
Last time I asked him to hold the ladders, I peeped down and he was just walking away ...a good shout of ''''''''WTF'''''''' and he came back with a ''''''wot'''''

I'll ask my son over to help
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-05-2012, 07:37 AM
On the subject of tarpaulin covering up leaking roofs, the first bungalow I rented when I moved to the Moshav nearly 17 years ago had a leaking roof. Every time it rained the rain came through where all the light fittings came through the ceiling.

So the landlord and his son, who live in the house next door, said Yeah yeah, we will fix it, and spread tarpaulin sheets over the roof in various places. Just as a temporary measure, you understand.

That roof is still covered with tarpaulin sheets...
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2012, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
On the subject of tarpaulin covering up leaking roofs, the first bungalow I rented when I moved to the Moshav nearly 17 years ago had a leaking roof. Every time it rained the rain came through where all the light fittings came through the ceiling.

So the landlord and his son, who live in the house next door, said Yeah yeah, we will fix it, and spread tarpaulin sheets over the roof in various places. Just as a temporary measure, you understand.

That roof is still covered with tarpaulin sheets...
I THINK this is the 2nd winter of our tarp roof. It had better NOT be on there 17 years I got the blame for it leaking in the first place (darn flat roofs) as I shifted a huge amount of moss off it which weighed a ton as it was really waterlogged.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2