27-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
I know exactly what's in the McD's - that slime in the photo
plus some ammonium hydroxide!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2012, 02:08 PM
I hate all this bullcrap that is fed down our throats about 'junk' food. Honestly, who cares? I LOVE McDonalds and other fast foods and reading sensationalist rubbish about it makes me want to eat it even more. I am a good girl though and limit myself to one a fortnight!

They certainly don't seem to be lacking in trade judging by my local one which is always packed. Give me a Big Mac over a carrot any day.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

27-03-2012, 02:31 PM
I used to love Maccy D's

But like some have said I do not touch them anymore, I prefer to know (as much as I can) what is in my food. Everything I eat now is made from scratch using whole ingredients - feel much better for it too.

I don't think people truly appreciate the effects of anti-nutrients - especially how they affect the brain.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I don't think people truly appreciate the effects of anti-nutrients - especially how they affect the brain.
It answers a lot in my case
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I bet people would still eat there if they had that picture up on their wall in McDs!

Here in Cyprus there is a wealth of fresh fruit and veg and healthy fare at the eateries all along the seafront - mostly fish tavernas but all do gorgeous salads and all sorts.

But when the Brits turn up on holiday - which establishment has the most customers? McDs! and the KFC! Some of them are asking where there is one before they've unpacked!
It defies belief doesn't it It's allegedly much the same in Prague (Not that I go there now) Brits arrive on holiday and walk out of their hotel and immediately look for McD or KFC thankfully where we live we never see any Brits, in fact we never see anyone (apart from the post lady and a few farmers in their tractors going up and down the road) it's one of the few good things about living here
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Im not sure who's source is correct Azz.I've seen that same picture critising McDonalds chicken nuggets couple years back.Either way it still dont look good!

With regards to shellac.Its basically French polish made like you mentioned from the shellac beetle and is what they coat M&M's and other shiny sweeties in.Perfectly edible!

Would anyone like to guess whats in a saveloy...
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Whatever is in it, I had a lovely burger and chips outside in the sunshine today. The place was packed full, the food tasted good and it was beautifully warm out there.

If you think McD's are bad, you should see what inadvertently gets into beer during the brewing process
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2012, 03:17 PM
I think having a baby did that to me

Helen
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2012, 04:16 PM
I don't think people truly appreciate just how much utter nonsense circulates around the internet.......

Just FTR, I've ate McDonalds for years and there is nothing wrong with my brain. Food is food!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >