Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Skyesmum View Post
I think you're just trying to pick an argument with someone as usual i nevr said Bijou knew about Snorri BEFORE she posted her first post now did i what i said was she had made her comment which was then answered by Moobli as to Snorri's circumstances, but Bijou still went on about health testing etc etc after she had been informed.
Jann
Well then you are very wrong arent you! You must also remember that you said I was wrong and since then all I have done is responded to you, yes?

Bijou apologised too, did you miss that bit?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
The sooner the better - at the moment, my last thoughts before sleep are of Snorri-dog; my first on waking are of Snorri-dog, and when I get up, I find myself looking for him.......................I think that getting to grips with a new pup might allow me to concentrate on the happy memories of my super little boy.

Snorri
I think you are probably right Snorri and you are fortunate in being able to do this, when we lost our lovely Labrador many years ago we were unable to get another dog (because of job changes and both of us having to be away a lot) it was very hard and we both felt 'lost' for quite few years thereafter.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
The sooner the better - at the moment, my last thoughts before sleep are of Snorri-dog; my first on waking are of Snorri-dog, and when I get up, I find myself looking for him.

Snorri
I think we can probably all associate with that, in fact my eyes are wet now
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 11:38 AM
I can relate to that too having just lost my beloved whippet Hula .
I keep getting her a treat out when I get the others a treat
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Well then you are very wrong arent you! You must also remember that you said I was wrong and since then all I have done is responded to you, yes?

Bijou apologised too, did you miss that bit?
No i did not miss that bit. Qite frankly i can't be bothered to converse with someone so petty and narrow minded. Did you know that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by Skyesmum View Post
No i did not miss that bit. Qite frankly i can't be bothered to converse with someone so petty and narrow minded. Did you know that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit
Dont bother then, yes, Im aware of sacrasm too, thanks!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Snorri - just a thought. Do they hold many sheepdog trials on Orkney? My bet would be that you could source an ISDS pup on Orkney with a bit of research and asking the right people. (To be ISDS registered, the parents of the pups have to be eye-tested and some are also hipscored).
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2009, 02:24 PM
I have an idea that there may be a trial in March (will have to watch the bumwiper to be certain); but if there is, that might be a way to go!

Wherever the wee lad comes from, his first visit will be to the vet, to be registered as a "patient" and to get a thorough going-over. This has always been my policy.

The vet said the same thing about both Kali and Snorri: "No worms, no fleas. Very good, for a farm dog!" . Later, he wanted to borrow them to take on his rounds, to show how dogs could and should look! Particularly in regard to their teeth, but overall, as well.

I know some folk on the committee of the local Agric. Show, too - they might be able to help.

Incidentally, his name is to be "Thorgeir the Lawsayer", in line with the habit of Saga names. This chap was the first Speaker of the Icelandic parliament (or "Althing"). In Icelandic, his name would be "Thorgeir Logsogumadr"
[I'll deal with the pronunciation when I a) have a pup and b) have a pic !]

Snorri

PS: Kali had his name four years before he was born!
Ceefer
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Snorri

I have been reading this over the past few days and all I can say is that i hope you get your little lad (however that comes about) and that you enjoy him.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Thanks, Tam! Wherever he comes from, I'll make him the most envied collie in Orkney, and, in doggy terms, one of the richest! (He'll fall heir to Snorri's share of the mountain of chews, biscuits and treats that we have always had in store).

I could never go to town without buying the doggies some little knick-knack or other, and the pile just grew........

Snorri
Page 12 of 14 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 >