View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 04:37 PM
I am not condoning one or the other. Far from it.

I am recognising it exists. And by recognising it exists, you have to accept it and adapt and do something about it. You can't shut it off and put the people down and hope it disappears, because it won't.

Being a drug addict is no different from being an alocholic, other than you don't buy your stuff from the baragin booze.. Do you have time for people with drink problems? Or people addicted to anti-depressents?

(I can't get across any tone in type, just want to make sure I am purely interested in your view points and not digging or arguing!! Maybe debating a little, but no more. I respect you opinions, just intrigued and questioning!)
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Likewise as far as i'm concerned this is a discussion nothing more

And no I have no time for alcohol abusers or abusers of any other substances. I don't believe any of these abusers have no effect on anybody else and so I read that as a get out clause.

I recognise the problems exist and accept that they do, but just because they exist doesnt make it right or mean that the rest of society has to adjust to fit around it.
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by KickstartKelpies
However thats not what the law says. Even if a person who is taking drugs in the recreational way people are talking about isn't having an effect on a single other person (which I don't personally believe for a minute) they are buying them from people who also supply drug abusers. They are supporting what is in effect an industry and which is an industry which ruins hundreds of lives. They are breaking the law, and are doing wrong, if it truly is recreational why take them? if a person needs drugs to enjoy themselves they have the kind of problems which in most cases lead to more problems whether drug related or not. Inadvertantly any drug user is supporting criminals and so I question the so called intelligence or morality of that person.

Can I also add that I feel I can add to this discussion from both sides. I felt JUST how you did. I saw my brother in a state (not a good one) from recreational drug taking and DESPISED them.

But, I can be honest and say I didn't really know anything about them. Not really. I feel more educated about them now and defiantely know the risks. I know WHY people take them. To say people who need them to have fun have problems is what I used to say, but it is totally miguided. To some people it is no more than having a pint at the weekend. And the same people often don't drink or smoke.

Again, not condoning, just my experience.
need4speed
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Alot of things are illegal but people do them, theres alot of other things that people do which i see as far worse which arnt illegal !! Coffee is addictive and not good for you why is that not illegal? Junk food is bad for you what about the severely obese people that suffer the effects of eating to much junk food why isnt that illegal then?? I could list thing after thing. Ok its illegal but its always going to happen. Driving over the speed limit is illegal i bet there arnt many people that drive can say they have never ever broken the speed limit.

If people want to take drugs it should be their own choice aslong as there not sitting forcing it on to other people.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Bodhi
Can I also add that I feel I can add to this discussion from both sides. I felt JUST how you did. I saw my brother in a state (not a good one) from recreational drug taking and DESPISED them.

But, I can be honest and say I didn't really know anything about them. Not really. I feel more educated about them now and defiantely know the risks. I know WHY people take them. To say people who need them to have fun have problems is what I used to say, but it is totally miguided. To some people it is no more than having a pint at the weekend. And the same people often don't drink or smoke.

Again, not condoning, just my experience.

ok that is slightly offensive (I know you didnt mean it that way), I can also say I can see the arguements for both sides, My brother took drugs originally recreationally and then as an abuser, i've known/met drug dealers and i've also had them breaking the front door down when i've been alone in the house. I've seen people killed over drugs and tried to stem the bleeding of an innocent man who was trying to stop abusers killing each other. I know the effects of drugs and have lived with them for a long time. I've had my problems but i've NEVER resorted to drugs to "have a good time" and NEVER would. I've also never smoked and never been drunk.
I can assure you my beliefs are not misguided but are made with as much experience as a person can get without actually taking drugs. To the people who it's no more than having a pint at the weekend - if it's not "that" important, and you don't need it "that" much, why are you willing to break the law to do it?
need4speed
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-03-2006, 04:50 PM
But its people like the addicts that go around breaking doors down and causing all sorts of trouble that give the responsible drug user a bad name as such.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 04:55 PM
and it's the "responsible" drug user that puts money into the hands of drug dealers. Why would a "responsible" person fund criminal activity? Because they're out for a good time without truly understanding the consequences of their actions. The "average responsible" person who is curious and buys drugs for the first time knows nothing about drug culture and doesn't understand the effect that buying any amount of drugs will have on the lives of multiple people - even if it's only a one off for them.
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 04:56 PM
OK heres my two penneths....

I am a responsible adult and I smoke cannibis on a regular basis.
I have a very hard, long houred Head Chefs job which I carry out in a professional manner. It doesn't affect my job or those around me (not that I smoke at work)
I'm sure many of you come home from work and open a bottle of wine and have one or a few glasses to relax after a hard day. Well I am the same. I come home late at night, it takes hours for me to wind down after working in a hot busy kitchen . Except that I will have a joint. I actually don't see the problem with it. I don't do any other drugs nor do I drink alchohol.....a far worse drug imo...you'll not find me drunk in the gutter on a friday night, or p*ssing on your tidy well toiled garden. Nor will you find me in casualty on a Saturday night using up your hard earned taxes on an injury that most probably wouldn't have happened had I been sober.
And yes, I know its illegal, but how many of you stick to the right side of the law?
For example..talking on your mobile whilst driving a car?
Watching pirate dvd's? Drinking under age?
I could go on and on but I'm really just using these things as an example when people go spouting off about things being illegal.

In a nut shell..its my life, I'm not hurting anyone,and I'm not costing anyone anything. I'm minding my own business.
need4speed
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-03-2006, 05:01 PM
I think you have made one hell of a good point drugs isnt your life, its not effecting your job or anything you do. Its not effecting others so therefore it is upto if you wish to do it.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by mand p

In a nut shell..its my life, I'm not hurting anyone,and I'm not costing anyone anything. I'm minding my own business.
thats my point exactly - how do you know it's not effecting anyone? Have you thought about the family of the person who supplies you? Have you thought about the money you're putting back into their pocket to be put back into pushing it on the streets. The best you can say is that you THINK it doesn't affect anyone else but you. And yes I can honestly say I haven't watched a pirate DVD, I never drank under age, I don't drive but when i've finished learning I won't drive over the speed limit and I won't talk on my mobile when I do - All of these laws were made because they affect the lives of other people if we break them - If you're speeding and don't hit anyone does that make you safer than someone who does? no. Stop using the fact other people break other laws as a get out clause. You are breaking the law and there is no justification for that. Yes it's your choice, but that doesn't make your choice right.
Page 13 of 17 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »