Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I felt the need to pm because a few people had suggested that the thread should end and I didn't want to be the one to reserect it. but I like lozzibear and genuinely wanted her to understand why so many people were so upset.

Yes, you did say something against this pup, because you said there were 'no problems with it yet'.

I didn't finish off the close quotation marks in my post, it should have read
I just don't think the post was helpful to the breed not deed argument. But I would have also understood if she'd have said 'sorry, I realise its against the 'breed not deed' argument, but the thought that it was a pitbull makes me nervous'

hope that makes more sense now.

I don't know what I would prefer you to do about the dog to be honest, probably not have mentioned it or queried whether it was or wasn't a pitbull. You've already said you won't report it even if you do find out that it is a pitbull, so that would be turning a blind eye, not that I disagree with that.

Personally and I know its a cop out, but I'd rather not go digging to find out whether it was or wasn't a pit bull. That way I don't have to worry about whether I should be saying something or not. If later there was evidence that the dog was dangerous, I would report it no matter what breed I thought it was.

I've had my say, you don't understand why people are upset and I don't think I'll convince you, so I'll bow out now.
Re. the part in bold.....This wasn't really to do with the breed, but more about the way this puppy will be brought up and how it will turn out, given that the guy was a druggie and probably doesn't have a clue about rearing a dog properly. It was me who stopped him to speak to the dog and I told him it was okay for it to mix with my two, as he said hello to me in the passing, I thought it was a good thing to do.

I have nothing against the dogs as I have already stated, but the irresponsible types of people who own these breeds to make themselves look hard and, in turn, giving the breeds a bad reputation.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Re. the part in bold.....This wasn't really to do with the breed, but more about the way this puppy will be brought up and how it will turn out, given that the guy was a druggie.

I have nothing against the dogs as I have already stated, but the irresponsible types of people who own these breeds to make themselves look hard.
Well that was what I thought you mean't too it was obvious to me what you meant, as I stated in my post earlier.

x
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 10:42 PM
I am now bowing out for this evening. No doubt I will return to yet more snash about how I am "breedist" etc. Ah well, I shouldn't really expect anything else!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Re. the part in bold.....This wasn't really to do with the breed, but more about the way this puppy will be brought up and how it will turn out, given that the guy was a druggie and probably doesn't have a clue about rearing a dog properly. It was me who stopped him to speak to the dog and I told him it was okay for it to mix with my two, as he said hello to me in the passing, I thought it was a good thing to do.

I have nothing against the dogs as I have already stated, but the irresponsible types of people who own these breeds to make themselves look hard and, in turn, giving the breeds a bad reputation.
Re. the part in bold.....This wasn't really to do with the breed, but more about the way this puppy will be brought up and how it will turn out, given that the guy was a druggie and probably doesn't have a clue about rearing a dog properly. It was me who stopped him to speak to the dog and I told him it was okay for it to mix with my two.

that is pretty cool.
and the wording in this post above is pretty much clear to me and does not prompt me to ask for clarification.
but with all respects, and a genuine question, can i ask why you just didnt write your first few posts this way in the first place?
if you had, their wouldn't have been so many people wonder where you were coming from and ask you about it.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
that is pretty cool.
and the wording in this post above is pretty much clear to me and does not prompt me to ask for clarification.
but with all respects, and a genuine question, can i ask why you just didnt write your first few posts this way in the first place?
if you had, their wouldn't have been so many people wonder where you were coming from and ask you about it.
....because, Kruse, I thought that would have been pretty obvious on here given that this is a dog forum where most of us understand that the problems lie with the owners. I honestly, hand on heart, thought that was obvious!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-10-2009, 10:56 PM
....because, Kruse, I thought that would have been pretty obvious on here given that this is a dog forum where most of us understand that the problems lie with the owners. I honestly, hand on heart, thought that was obvious!

ok.
but as so many people have all reached the same wrong conclusion, can you now see it might have been the way you inadvetently wrote your first couple posts?
therefore it was not unreasonable for me and then others to ask, and by doing so, it was not a personal attack, but a genuine inquiry?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 11:03 PM
As I said, not particularly as I thought it was pretty obvious what I meant.

It was not so much of what you said either, but the way you said it.

Anyway, I guess we can now agree to disagree and move on as it has now been clarified that I did not mean to appear to be against any particular breeds but concern for this puppy and it's environment. Clear now?
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-10-2009, 11:06 PM
..........not entirely, but its all cool anyway.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
..........not entirely, but its all cool anyway.
.......Okay.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-10-2009, 07:19 AM
*locked pending review*
Closed Thread
Page 13 of 13 « First < 3 10 11 12 13