Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
webbkath
New Member!
Female 

07-08-2010, 03:26 PM

Home offered to cat friendly dog

Hi everyone. We are new to dogsey and are hoping there is the right dog out there for us to offer a forever home to. We are being a bit fussy however!

We are looking for a medium sized dog male or female aged between 2-8 years old. Must be housetrained but the most important thing is that the dog must be good with cats and have lived with one previously as we have two. Due to bad past experience we dont really want a staffy - sorry

We are willing to travel up to an hour from where we live in Ellesmere Port. I am a volunteer for the RSPCA and they would be more than willing to homecheck me if required and a rescue weren't able to do it themselves. Thanks Kath and Shawn
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Does it need to be within that age range. I help out Oldies Club and theres a dog who would probably fit right in with you however he is 13 and a crossbreed?
webbkath
New Member!
Female 

07-08-2010, 03:45 PM
The crossbreed doesnt bother us at all. We were looking at that sort of age as we would want a dog that would be with us for a few years and would be able to go on longish walks. Having said that we do realise that some breeds live longer than others and are healthier than others. Is there a link to your dog please?
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2010, 04:13 PM
ill pm you details, as you say every dog is different you never really know with an older dog. My older dog is 14 now coming up 15 and gives the pups a run for their money. I still do obedience and agility with her.
webbkath
New Member!
Female 

07-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Thank you - I am I able to message yet? It says I have to post 20 times before messaging?
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2010, 04:15 PM
sorry just realised you wont have that yet. http://www.oldies.org.uk/?cat=1,2,3,...good-with-cats
Heres all the dogs we have listed which are good with cats, that way you can see if there are any that catch you eye. I found two in your region.
webbkath
New Member!
Female 

07-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Sorry if I am being thick which ones were you thinking/ There are some gorgeous dogs on there but they are all a long way away
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Sorry I hadnt picked up you had said your exact location, was using Cheshire on google maps to base search so are slightly further away than i had though. Pip and Sam are both about 1h 30 mins away from you.
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2010, 04:32 PM
(i think) sorry i live in scotland my england geography isnt to great sorry if was a waste
webbkath
New Member!
Female 

07-08-2010, 04:35 PM
No they are about an hour and a half I did look at Pip and at Sam but I wasnt sure if they would be up to longish walks? I really like Blue the rotty but he is 6+hours away and gets car sick and probably a bit bigger than we were looking for
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >