Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

30-12-2009, 05:42 PM

Sushi,Wire haired JRT, DOB 06.06

Sushi,Wire haired JRT, DOB 06.06

Her Story: Sushi was the baby (substitute) until the real baby came, then out into the back garden in summer 09, literally at the age of 3. 6 months later, she began to get stressed in the wet and cold and thankfully came tapping on our door.

Salient points: Terrier with a capital T hee hee!!! Background of demotion into garden means she is still in rehab. so housetraining is there but fragile. Zany energy episodes when she gets overwhelmed and excited by it all, but soon calms. Needs light, but focused atmosphere to persuade her around to your ideals, co-operative 'most' of the time. Very loving. Good dog skills, but quite insular within the pack as a previous only dog would be, but might find only dog status too intense now.

Advert: Sushi is aptly named after Japanese rice- a very precious delicacy - not sweet rice.. but with a hint of vinegar Small in stature; Oriental or ornamental! Ahh soo ... Sushi is SUCH a character and since she came in from the cold has been discovering herself all over again. In fact she is having a ball. She mixes well with the dogs in her pack, yes occasional terrier positioning, but generally she flows and out on her walks almost the perfect angel. She loves company and is very happy to be shadowing her adored people around or perhaps getting up to mischief in the nicest possible way. Sushi is emerging and thawing out...and a delightful character is evident ..a true comedienne.

Sushi is working through a lot of pent up, held back terrier frustration as she discovers herself to be a dog. Show her a mirror and she probably, at this stage, still fall over with surprise, but canine yes she is and is discovering her boundaries, the fun that can be had and what a dog's life can mean is her real surprise. So in foster its full of good food, fun games, laughter sprinkled with a little star dust ..a few No's! and discovering and following her nose.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-01-2010, 08:29 AM
New photos of Sushi from her fosterer:

Spot the JRT!

“Tiny vid clip of Sushi and me practising with the flexi lead. You can see how she constantly checks back. I called her at the end of the clip to get a good shot of her coming towards me but she came back too quickly”!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df_lqP0vuok
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2010, 06:31 PM
What a gorogeous little dog, I hope she get her new home soon, which I'm sure she will, who could resist!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2010, 06:36 PM
She is a beauty and I hope her forever home is found asap They will have themselves a diamond I think!!

Can't believe someone put her in the garden because they had a baby, that is inexcusable
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Delighted to report that this dogs has now found a forever home!
Closed Thread