Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2014, 06:34 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread Wednesday

Morning all.
So, so hot, I was up before 6 and in the shower, I was melting
I hope you are all well and I will be back later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-07-2014, 06:35 AM
Morning everyone had to do a double take as it seems like the week is racing away and I wasn't sure it was Wednesday already.
Bit of a disturbed night it was much cooler so tried to break Dillon of his outdoor sleeping habit but no luck so gave up and left him out and I went back to bed. Plus lots of noise form no.5 sounded like a row.
Been for our walk already this morning sun is out at the moment and a breeze but already feeling warm.

June good luck with the trip today
Have a nice chamomile tea or something to calm your nerves.
Love the picture of Lacey Eileen.
Any news on Tango Nippy Jen or is it today he goes in ?
Helena I hope your neighbour has stopped being an anti social.
Hope everyone including furry friends are feeling well today if not get well soon.
Off for my first morning cuppa.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-07-2014, 06:36 AM
Morning Nippy Jen. We posted at the same time.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2014, 06:45 AM
Good morning Lynn and Nippy... was waiting for this to go up as am never sure re starting it.

Calm out again and they say hot and humid again...Headachy weather...achy weather for old bones.

But all is fine; just resting and knitting today.

Planning Killarney tomorrow. The toaster died. Cost all of E6 three years ago from argos and has been in daily use so will get another the same, and the air bed before it reverts to the original price. Agonised over a cheaper one but think will stick with the double height.

Need to do a "proper shop" as have been just grabbing bits the last while. I enjoy my shopping after many years in such remote areas that there were no decent supermarkets. Killarney has Tesco, LIDL, Aldi and Dunnes.. luxury!

Have a good day over there..
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2014, 07:00 AM
Morning!!!!!
Lynn, glad things seemed a bit cooler for you last night and that dillon seems happy enough to sleep outside must be a bit easier for you getting some sleep
Nippy, sorry to hear you are struggling in this heat, i loooooove it hot so i am very happy at the moment
Rosebud, hope you manage to get a replacement toaster.... we have had an argos one for about 12 years now and it is still going strong, it was part of a set, kettle, sandwich toaster and toaster..... only the toaster remains
Got a day to myself today with no appointments, friday was hospital, monday was hospital and yesterday was hospital too but the private bit, today i am going to stay home with the cat and the dog and enjoy a little bit of sunshine (not much as i am not supposed to be out in it!)
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2014, 07:14 AM
Good Morning all,

Nippy Jen, I too was up early couldn't sleep too warm and the lad was off for his third day of fishing on the lake. He has to work soon so trying to get as much fishing in as possible. He said yesterday a carp he landed the day before had lost quite a few ounces. He said it must have been blown out on all his ground bait the day before when it weighed in a 30lb. Just as well it is a tight fishing ground or I don't suppose that fish would have survived another day to be caught again. I suppose those big carp must be used to being caught and gently put back and are just grateful for the food that keeps coming! Hope Tango wont be long in ICU.

Lynn, wasn't it No 5 who had the late late party too not so long ago. They need to be a bit more considerate for their neighbours.

Rose, do have a great day out at Killarney, a lovely town. The people are so friendly there.

TW June, Good luck for today taking the car in, I do hope things aren't as bad as you are frightened off, fingers crossed for you and a silent prayer too.

Griff, you can have all my heat, please do me a favour and take it away, roll on Autumn and the leaves of gold and brown and the air of sweet mellowness.

Have a great day everyone, having done all my websites early poor Amber is crossing her legs to go out so must away. God bless all.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2014, 07:28 AM
Morning, everyone. I walked down the stairs and at the bottom was my dark colored cat that I did not see. Stepped on her a bit by accident but she is fine, thankfully. Hope everyone is doing well today. Been really soggy lately, so the den has the horrible soggy feeling to it again, yuck. Will let it dry out once the rain etc. stops. Have a great one, everyone.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2014, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good Morning all,

Nippy Jen, I too was up early couldn't sleep too warm and the lad was off for his third day of fishing on the lake. He has to work soon so trying to get as much fishing in as possible. He said yesterday a carp he landed the day before had lost quite a few ounces. He said it must have been blown out on all his ground bait the day before when it weighed in a 30lb. Just as well it is a tight fishing ground or I don't suppose that fish would have survived another day to be caught again. I suppose those big carp must be used to being caught and gently put back and are just grateful for the food that keeps coming! Hope Tango wont be long in ICU.

Lynn, wasn't it No 5 who had the late late party too not so long ago. They need to be a bit more considerate for their neighbours.

Rose, do have a great day out at Killarney, a lovely town. The people are so friendly there.

TW June, Good luck for today taking the car in, I do hope things aren't as bad as you are frightened off, fingers crossed for you and a silent prayer too.

Griff, you can have all my heat, please do me a favour and take it away, roll on Autumn and the leaves of gold and brown and the air of sweet mellowness.

Have a great day everyone, having done all my websites early poor Amber is crossing her legs to go out so must away. God bless all.
Ah don't wish the summer away! Watching the old wans sitting in the sun eating ice cream is one of the joys of life! They deserve their holidays!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2014, 07:42 AM
Sorry Rose the weather just seems to make my aches and pains worse although that is more likely because of the withdrawal of tramadol, but I think I am over that I just want to feel well again, bit difficult I suspect for a diabetic with hiatus hernia and glaucoma as well as the osteoarthritis but I wish I had your courage to carry on as you do, just cannot take the heat.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-07-2014, 07:47 AM
Morning Rose, griff, Myra and Moyra.

Enjoy the rest and knitting Rose.
Enjoy your respite from hospital appointments griff.
Glad the cat isn't too traumatised Myra. Watch she doesn't lay in wait to get you back later.
Sorry your still suffering Moyra. No that was next door but one who had the party and fireworks recently. They had another big outdoor do at the weekend but it ended earlier and no fireworks.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »