Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 07:31 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread Sunday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

I wish I could say, I'm up early cos the sun was belting through the window, but nothing like that I'm afraid, just that I was woken up with a slobbery kiss from you know who (no not Dave!) and I knew if I went back to sleep I'd feel like I'd had a night out on the tiles (that'll be next week !).

Same old same old with Zena's ear;, and if there's no improvement by Monday I'm going to ask for some Fuciderm. It doesn't seem right to me, that when the ear is nice and white and calm, I upset it so much with his ointment, Zena's screams in pain even though I'm gentle and then it stays red for the next few hours Fuciderm doesn't do that to something like she's got, but hey ho, he's the vet not me, but he needs to know I think.

Haven't caught up at all yesterday cos it turned into quite a busy day for me dashing about here and there. I took myself over to Bexhill and had a nosey around the shops which made a nice change as I didn't have to rush back in an hour as Dave was here to doggysit, but I did have a quick skim through when I got home lunchtime.

Sally, thanks for thinking of us yesterday and taking the trouble to log in during the day, I know you're usually a night owl on here. Hope you're having better luck than I am with those paws and the new shampoo. Catch you later.

Lynn, I expect you've had a nice day out somewhere with Gorden and Dillon, and I'll catch up properly later.

Jenny, hope the silt shovelling is working, you need some normal rain now, to help wash everything away, and I'm sure everything will recover well once that grass starts growing again in spring.

Looks a bit dubious out there this morning, but it's still dry, after a glorious day yesterday, blimey, I went out in a t-shirt and as I was driving home with the window open, the sun was so strong it felt like it was summer - yes, honestly!

Hope everyone else is ok along with the doglets and I'll pop back in later when Dave goes out.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-02-2014, 07:33 AM
Morning everyone. Smiley face back not sure how long for hopefully a long time.
Wouldn't be surprised if Helena and I merge I can see you are around .

Weather not so nice this morning looking a bit grey and as if it might rain. Typical we were going to do some gardening today.

Helena I hope Zena is better with the ear today.
Sally I hope Jimmi's back paw is not going to erupt.
June I hope those ribs are easing now.
Moyra I glimpsed a bit about the bungalow I hope it works out of that is what you want.
I wish all poorly dogs and people better soon.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 07:48 AM
Morning Lynn, and yes, 2 mins apart today lol!

Zena's ear is certainly looking good again this morning thanks, but that'll all change when I disturb it later on with the cleaning and ointment, but that's all part of the course I s'pose.

I found a big Tesco yesterday Lynn, and found that elusive banana split ice cream

Enjoy a lovely day with Dillon and Gorden out in the garden. It's dull and drab here too, but I hope it doesn't rain.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 07:59 AM
Morning Lynn, and fellow members,

Very dull and slightly damp day here but high hopes we won't have any rain today. Another few days of breezy dry weather will do the world of good.

Our two sons and one girlfriend are coming here for a late lunch today .... I'm hoping our younger son will put in an early appearance as he's off to Thailand late afternoon and hasn't even started to sort his clothes yet

Lynn I hope the weather holds and you manage to get out in the garden.
Helena What happened about Zena's ear yesterday? You mentioned it was very red again in the morning .... I do hope today finds it looking a lot better and not worrying her.
Sally I hope you get a walk in with Jimmi and it doesn't aggravate his paw further.

See you all later and I hope you all have enjoyable Sunday.

**** Helena ... so pleased her ear is looking better ****
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Morning Lynn, H, Jenny and all

Glad your feeling happier today Lynn, its very windy here, whistling round the house so not nice for gardening.

H, I am glad to hear Zenas ear is looking better.

Enjoy your lunch with your sons jenny and I hope you get no more rain now you are starting to dry out.

I have mum and dad popping round later this morning for coffee and to see all Charly's pics of Harley I have on the computer.

I am also going to have to attempt to let Lyla out again today. I am just hoping the wind does not spook her as its really roaring off that field out the back and past my back door. I don't want her running off scared or even getting too excited and chasing things in the wind so she doesn't look where she is going.

I might try to start doing a little decorating today as well. I hate painting so much as I am so useless at it. But the colours in that downstairs loo (dark purple) makes it so dark in there you need the light on even on a sunny day. I need to get some light colours in there. Even the door, radiator and windowsil are painted dark purple.

Have a good day everyone and take care.
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Morning all,happy Sunday

Hope all pipelines are improving.......the sore paws, ears, & tums,and Jenny, I hope the silt is on its way out.

Got a shocking cough,very chesty, driving me mad through the night. Also got a huge pile of washing to do even though I washed yesterday! All the white uniforms to iron too. Ho hum. Mind, it will give me something to do while I can't sleep for the cough........always a silver lining haha

Enjoy your Sunday folks.

Edited to say:- pipelines????!!!! I actually typed poorlies!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-02-2014, 08:17 AM
Oh blimey just replied to you two and its disappeared so here I go again.

Morning Helena I hope the treatment doesn't upset Zena's ear too much today and it starts to improve. Enjoy the ice cream don't make yourself sick though.
Morning Jenny enjoy lunch and I hope your son gets his packing done in time and enjoys his trip.
Fingers crossed for no rain everything is drying out nicely.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 08:25 AM
Morning all! Off to go and sort out my horses then will run at some point. Apart from that a quiet day for me
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 08:37 AM
Good morning everyone, from wet and windy Kerry

Well, I now have a sheep to look after.. Early morning visit from my landlord.... This wee black faced yearling ewe fell and hit a rock and her spine is damaged... may not make it but I have a wee bit of land here set to be a vegetable garden,,, so in she is now and chomping the grass happily.

They are sturdy creatures but even so not immune to injury.

Wee dog managed to bark a bit but clearly has used her voice too well yesterday.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 08:57 AM
Morning all.
The usual Sunday for me but only 6 and a baby for lunch Roast pork etc and the because it's my sons birthday in the week we are having chocolate birthday cake for pud
Helena have you got the wind it's blowing a hooley here.
Rosebud you mean you still have a piece of dry grass to put the sheep on? lucky you
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »