Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-11-2013, 07:22 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Thursday).

Morning everyone. Gorden is home tonight. I am off to visit mum tomorrow and pop in to Mark and Traceys to leave their Christmas cake with them so that means Tracey will eat that in a week then be here for Christmas and eat ours. Maybe I better make another one or two.
It is feeling a bit chilly out there but not as bad as it has been that is about to change tomorrow apparently.

I hope everyone is well today if not wishing you well soon.
Poorly pets too.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2013, 07:28 AM
Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

Lovely and dry here this morning, it's drying out a treat in the muddy woods, with piles of lovely crispy leaves to walk through love it.

Had a nice day yesterday, and guess where I spent my free morning? Got some bright red seat pads for the dining table in the van, some throws for the sofa and chair, and treated myself to one of those faux fur throws for my bed, which Zena lies on during the day and she couldn't wait to get up there when I put it on the bed.

One of her new coats arrives yesterday afternoon, the hurtta overall, and instead of cutting the legs off like I did with the last one, now that I have my little sewing machine, I decided to just take them up to fit her legs, leaving the elasticated cuff at the bottom, so she'll stay even more clean and dry in the pouring rain and all that mud now. I'm still waiting for the other Hurtta slush suit for the snow walks, cos I hate the way the snow all sticks to her long fur, it's painful for her when it turns into ice balls. I can't understand the sizing either, cos my last one was a 701 (28") which fits her a treat, she can gallop around in it safely, the back is the correct length too and all that was too long were those legs. Anyway, this one arrived with a proper sizing chart (unlike on the internet sites), and apparently, I need to go TWO sizes down for an australian shepherd and one size down for a goldie, and the size 701 is for a bernese I doubt it would fit Dillon though!

Got the doc's today at 2 o'clock, I can see me and him are gonna fall out if he insists on those statins, so I don't know whether to put my case across and show him this letter from the hospital about how I can't take them, or just go with the flow and not collect the prescription. I'll decide when I'm there.

Hope everyone is well along with the doglets, especially Jen with your bad cough. Zena's still good on that leg, absolutely no sign of lameness day in day out which is good, but then I haven't thrown that ball, and she seems to be getting used to just pouncing on it when I ignore it lol.

Enjoy your day every, will catch up later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-11-2013, 07:31 AM
Morning Helena its a merge day.
Glad Zena's leg is doing well and good luck at the Docs.

I can't imagine a Bernese in a coat unless it was ill I am sure they would overheat also I wouldn't fancy trying to get one on Dillon.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2013, 07:33 AM
Morning Lynn, lol yes, you were a few mins ahead of me today I'm not going to copy and paste, hopefully, they'll stick me in here with you.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Morning H, Lynn and all

Zena is going to be lovely and snug this winter! I can just imagine trying to put one on a bernese Lynn! It brings back memories of my afghan days.

It was an eventful day yesterday, I had to call out green flag for the 3rd time in a month! They must hate me. I was losing deisel at quite a rate but luckily it turned out to be easily fixed. I had the same problem about 3 weeks ago, I thought the car was going to go up in flames, I had just parked at work and black smoke started to pour out from under the bonnet, I lifted it to see what was happening and I could see the deisel pouring down the engine (I didn't realise it was deisel that time). There are three little tubes that take the fuel into the engine, one had worn a hole, this was a second one went so will have to get the third one replaced asap, it would be embarrassing to call them out again for the same problem!

I had the B Gas out for quote on replacing boiler, took him an hour, the second gentleman arrived to give me 2nd quote while the first was still there and surprise surprise the green flag turned up at that time too!! British Gas want over £4,000, I am waiting for the quote from the second company, it took him 15 minutes to have a look around and chat, hoping he will be considerably cheaper!

I hope you all have a good day today and stay warm!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-11-2013, 07:59 AM

It is absolutely glorious out which is nice for the kids as they are on holiday for Hannuka. Some have gone off for the day as there were a couple of coaches opposite the macolet loading up, although I have no idea where they are going. There are always various activities/trips during school holidays.

Actually there are occasional day and/or a couple of day trips with an overnight hotel stay for women and/or teenagers but that is not really my sort of thing.

I am going to cook up some of the chicken backs/necks that were delivered yesterday evening as some are exceedingly meaty and will make some good meals for me. Not that I am going to let Da Booga know as she thinks they are all for her! It was rather embarrassing though as I did not have any small change so I owe for them

Hope all two and four-legged ones are OK and any poorlies feeling better.

Have a good day everyone!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-11-2013, 08:15 AM
Morning Gerri that was scarey with the car.
Good luck with the quotes and I hope today is less frantic.
Morning Malka.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Morning all ,

An early start again for me this morning as number 2 son needed a lift to the station to catch a train at 6.50. Also number one son stayed over last night but didn't get in from work until about 4.30 so he only had 3 hours sleep and has now gone off to work again. OH and Number 1 son are both thick with cold so I have to admit I kept my distance and I also slept on the settee last night. I'm still vigilantly squirting First Defence up my nose and praying I don't get ill as we have two big social events for the next two Saturday nights. My friend Polly is coming round at 9.30 to come for a dog walk and then I'm having my hair done at 11.

Lynn I expect you are looking forward to seeing family tomorrow and all I can say is your cake must be REALLY good Have a good day today and I hope Dillon is a good boy for you.
Moet what a day you had yesterday Sounded like a real nightmare and pretty scary with your car. Probably wise to get that third pipe replaced £4000 sounds very steep for a new boiler. Ours was less than that and is huge as it has to run two systems (oil system). I think British Gas are really expensive!!
Helena you'll have to post a few photos of Zena all togged up. If its really really wet I tend to put my two in their equafleece tops which also keep them dry and clean .... well clean ish Good luck at the doctors this afternoon and it'll be interesting to see what they advise for you. I've heard so many conflicting reviews on statins
Some people swear by them and others say they make them feel ill
Morning Malka.
A chap has just arrived on a bike to look at one of OH's cars He's come down from Yorkshire on his motorbike this morning so I think I ought to at least go and offer him a coffee

Enjoy your day all and see you after lunch.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Morning Lynn Helena MM Malka
Not been on for a while ( have been trying to keep up with all the goings on and of course the daily puppy fix)
Just got caught up with every day things
Had visitors and their 2 dogs for 10 days while they had extensive work done on their house plus the munsters ,dogs coming out the woodwork
Back to normal this week lol whatever normal is here
All the muppets n oh away till Sunday ,doesn't feel right with no dogs ,
Opportunity to shampoo all the carpets and have a good clear out
Blooming cold this morning clear sky's though could be a good day
Hope everyone is well or recovering from coughs ,colds aches and pains injuries ,and all the other viruses that are going the rounds at the moment not forgetting all the woofers
Huge hugs to all that need them today
Another coffee to kick start the day n then carpet cleaning thankfully only 1 left to go
Hope you all have a good day
Take care stay safe
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-11-2013, 08:37 AM
Morning all, early doors for me, however I am not needed as son has text to say his car isn't co-perating. It is a brand new Volvo, and it has some sort of computer problem (don't they all ) and it is locking him out of the car, well it lets him get IN, but that is it then. It has been in and out of the dealership umpteen times, AA can do nuffink, he has been assured it is fixed this time, and off we go again.
Hospital appointment cancelled, whilst he waits on Volvo opening to come and take the car back on a trailer....suppose he gets another car in the meantime. I await events. So everyone sorted early, putting the lower gate in on the puppy pen kept them out of trouble and the kitchen wasn't bad at all this morning. Am now downloading piccies of babies, and having another hour in bed with my brekkie. Head still hurting from when something fell on me yesterday. No more visitors till 12'ish so I can have another hour easily and still get girls out and back and me tidied up. Dark when I got up, oh thank goodness I don't have to drag off to work in it.
MM..... £4k they have got to be having a larf. Where does the normal everyday person find £4k tucked away for a boiler. Hope the other guy is 75% cheaper!!! That is REALLY scary about the diesel, must be the week for car troubles.
Helena, those sizing charts are worthless I think, no dog I have ever had is a standard size!!! Sounds like you had a lovely day just doing what you fancied instead of what HAD to be done.
Lynn, you sound on cloud 9 with Gordon coming back a day early
Malka, I always thought Hannuka was nearer our Christmas, or is it moveable. Have a lovely day anyway, with the nice weather, always makes you feel better, when does it start going cold.
I make veg soup out of chicken carcasses and it is gorjus.
OK piccies downloaded so need to delete the really blurry ones.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »