Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2013, 06:32 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread Sunday.

Morning everyone. I am not sure if Helena is up and about and feels like putting the thread up today or not plus she has Dave home and may be taking advantage of being waited on hand and foot after her ordeal Wednesday.
So as I am up and lounging on the sofa with a cuppa decided I would do it. We may both have had the same idea of course.

Sally I have seen your thread about Jimmi and can understand you are worried. I hope over the next day or so the shaking subsides and you can put it down to he has maybe laid funny and caused a tremor.

Hoping all poorly people are feeling much better today.

Having trawled back through last nights thread I can see questions about the river.
The steps you can see Harvey is the piece of river that the pub has mooring rights too. That is there for there use and their customers.
Each cottage on the side of the road we live has mooring rights to a piece of the river the width of their cottage.
You have to obtain planning permission from the council to install steps and a jetty if you wish and you can fish there rod license needed of course or moor a boat there no longer than your designated space for free.
Because it is what is called the middle level you do not have to have a boat license safety certificate or insurance to moor or cruise that piece of the river. Which is a big stretch it is when you get to the Great Ouse that it becomes managed by the Environment agency and then of course you start needing all the paraphanalia (sp).

If you do wish to cruise off the middle level you then have to obtain a license, insurance and need a boat safety certificate always a sensible thing to have. Whether you need all the other bits or not.
None of the usual paperwork is needed for the middle level because it is not owned by the likes of British waterways or managed by the Environment agency.
It is owned by the middle level corporation. Who unlike BW do not do all the management of the waterways under their jurisdiction. The people who have mooring rights most of them have boats and the toing and froing of the boats up and down the middle level keeps the waterway clear.
The houses on the other side of the bridge also have the same rights but obviously on the other side of the river.
Pat we do have a road between us and the river.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2013, 06:34 AM
Morning all Dogsey Peeps

Lynn, sooooooo pleased to be reading just how excited you are now about the cottage, I'm sure you will be very happy there especially with your own boat and mooring for the kids, let alone for you two to relax in up and down the river with Dillon. I couldn't do that with Zena, she'd be over the side every 5 mins lol! So happy for you Lynn.

Jenny, I see you were out galavanting again last night but thankfully you can have a break now from wearing those heels. Hopefully, it hasn't affected that foot of yours, cos there really is no room in here for anyone else to be sick and ailing. With a bit of luck that lodger might move out today too and give you your house back.

Jen, so sorry to hear about your fall out in the garden, I do hope you're ok this morning and not too sore and I wish they could sort you out and find out what's causing these sudden falls like that. ((((hugs))))

Sally, sorry to hear you're in here now, maybe you've o/d'd on the choklit? I've just seen your thread on the Jimster too, so I've made room for him down at the bottom of my bed. Glad you requested the telly, nice one! Hope you're both feeling better today and that Jimmy has stopped shaking so much. The only time Zena does that is at the vets, but it doesn't last long, and I can't say that I've seen it in any of my other dogs in the past.Good luck with him if you have to go to the vet tomorrow.

Sara, hope you're not too sore with whatever you've pulled.

Hope everyone else is ok, didn't keep up over the past couple of days and that's all I've remembered.

My day ended up quite hectic yesterday after doing the van and having lunch. I had mince and mash, and that was the first proper meal I've had for 2 weeks and touch wood, everything seems to be healing nicely, and the more my gums heal the more fab my new teef are looking, so, so natural I can't quite believe it myself.

Had a couple of phone calls, more bookings for next year, I really don't know what's going on, they're booking so early, it's usually January I get all the bookings in. Then the person who wants to buy rang again, and is coming to view in another week's time, and if the price is right, I will probably take it, and then move the 6 month's rental couple into the big van and have the best of both worlds.

I don't think I'm going to walk with Dave again today, there's still a risk of heammorhage if I overdo it, so I'll take advantage of his last day here cos tomorrow I will have to get out with her, but can take it slower and only go as far as I feel like going, whereas Dave thinks he's in a race when he walks, just like Zena does.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone, I'm just doing lots of washing from the vans and cooking a roast chicken, hope I can eat it after all the effort but I'm sure I can eat a bit. The blooming scales have packed up so I don't know how much more weight I've lost here, but it's feeling good, I will keep this up ...... when I've finished that chocolate cake of course. I gave half to my neighbour last night so not much more to go
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2013, 06:44 AM
Morning Lynn, I was 2 mins later than you, so hopefully what I've said already will be moved.

It all sounds very ideallyc for you and your life will change for the better once you've moved, much, much better you just wait and see. Christmas in your new home, how lovely!!! Maybe the neighbours will invite you in for a drinkey poo Christmas morning hey????
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2013, 06:49 AM
Morning Lynn, Helena and everyone else

I'm falling asleep as it's nearly 1 am, but thought I'd just say hello.

Have a good day!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2013, 06:53 AM
Morning Helena.
How are the teefs this morning ?

Well we might I suppose not really thinking of Christmas yet.
I seem to be stuck in needing to get packing mode at the moment.
Also lets not get to overboard with me feeling the excitement just yet.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2013, 06:56 AM
Morning Helena good news you were able to eat some real food yesterday and hopefully you will manage the chicken today.
Good idea to take advantage of Dave being home today and not over doing things.

I expect people are booking early to make sure they get the van and area they want. Gill and Peter have already booked their next years holiday in Dorset there were only 6 vans left for next year.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2013, 07:02 AM
Morning Pat, Helena and fellow members,

We have the sun shining down here which was a wonderful surprise to see when I opened the curtains A long dog walk in order this morning before the bad weather sets in this afternoon. Ironing and some washing for our guest and that is about it - so basically a quiet day and relaxing day until my OH gets back mid evening .

Lynn - I am sure you won't regret moving there and the river will be a constant 'changing window' with wildlife, boats, fishermen etc etc. ..... you will love it and find yourself just sitting and watching it. Dillon is going to love that garden as well sprinting up and down it. I assume packing/sorting will start in earnest now
Helena - I haven't seen what 'you've said' so will have to go and have a read. I'd imagine your smile is getting bigger and bigger now what with new teef and a slim figure Enjoy the rest of your day with Dave and still take it easy, certainly while Dave is around and can do things for you
Sara - Hi and bye ..... sleep well and see you later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2013, 07:06 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Also lets not get to overboard with me feeling the excitement just yet.
If you don't start to show signs of excitement soon we are all going come round an poke you until you do Its a start to a new chapter in your life which will still include all the same characters but new ones as well in the most wonderful picturesque setting
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2013, 07:08 AM
Morning jenny. The changing of the river through the seasons will be a lovely distraction for me as I do love all wildlife. I am wondering what types of birds will visit the garden when I get the bird tale set up as long as no rats visit or come near the house though.
Enjoy the walk I am looking forward to ours in a bit the sun is shining here too. Also have the washing machine going already in the hopes to get some outside drying done.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2013, 07:11 AM
jenny coming round and poking me. Gorden will be doing that soon if I don't buck me ideas up.
He did heave a sigh of relief yesterday when we were driving home and I told him I didn't think the bungalow had the edge over the cottage. You could hear the air release from his lungs with relief. He had decided if I liked it he would live with it but is happy he doesn't have too.
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »