View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Scooter
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-09-2007, 02:00 PM
I've been popping in and out of Dogsey looking at this thread whilst I'm at work and am so moved by all of your choices and reasons.

I really feel for each and everyone of you, but can't find an icon for a group hug - so I'll send you all cyber-hugs instead & keep sharing those sad songs.

I certainly won't put 'em all on my ipod together...
britishbandit
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Garth Brooks - When You Come Back to Me Again. I used this song for a video slide show that I made for my grandparents of our family. Every time I hear it now I can see the pictures going by, and it makes me bawl.

What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong. Again, brings back memories. This one reminds me of my Papa that passed away a few years ago.

I don't think I have any songs that make me cry just because of the song, it has to do with what is showing with it, whether it be an actual visual or a memory (like those family moments or things like BSL videos where it shows the poor dogs that have been used for fighting and such...).
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Creep - Radiohead, and old love that never was taught me how to play it on guitar...

We loved each other but it could never be.
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Fields of Gold - but only the version sung by Eva Cassidy, I can cope with the Sting version

and also Somewhere over the rainbow by Eva Cassidy - there is just something to haunting about that womans voice & I suppose knowing the story of her untimely death brings more emotion forward to.

My friend cannot listen to Angels by Robbie Williams as it reminds her of the funeral of a school friend who was killed in an accident with her little boy a few years ago.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-09-2007, 05:31 PM
"When A Child Is Born" by Johnny Mathis. I don't know why it makes me cry, theres no reason, it just does.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Bette Midler - The Rose

Garth Brooks - unanswered prayers and the beaches of cheyenne

Alan jackson - where were you (when the world stopped turning)

Mike and the mechanics - the living years

and the one that goes "if I saw you in heaven" Eric clapton I think....????

:smt010 :smt010 :smt010 :smt010
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Chris De Burgh-'The lady in red' brings a tear to my eye...

Its shockingly bad...
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-09-2007, 07:43 PM
This is an odd one but "burning love" by Elvis makes me laugh and cry as I (the one and only time I have ever) sung it on karaoke one drunken evening on holiday with a special friend who sadly is no longer with us. We were absolutley the worst and could hardly sing for laughing, it brings me bittersweet memories.

Mad World by Tears for Fears reminds me of my fav big cousin who was like a special big brother when I was a teenager, he died when he was only 21.

I agree that its not usually the songs but the memories that go with them
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Gaye by Clifford T. Ward
A "gentleman friend" *cough* moved hell and high water to get me the album. I can't bring myself to play it.....

Want You Back by Take That
This was out when I rehomed my labs in 1994, and it still takes me back to the complete and utter misery of that time

There's others...... sadly
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Aw this is all too sad for me!

I really hate sad songs and refuse to listen to them!! My most hated song ever is Mariah Carey - cant live if living is without you. I have to leave the room
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >