Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
This isn't about Simon though, IMO......He's got more than enough money!

This is about an 18 year old lad, who won the show......It's Joe I feel sorry for x
But the show is not about the christmas #1.....
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
We didn't buy RATM's single...... but that's coz we have the album

I don't think it was about them, as about making sure ANYTHING but the X factor was No. 1.
Which is all good IMO as it just dumbs down the charts...... and shows that ultimately there is still people power over the charts.
Totally agree with this, I personally can't stand the X Factor and the winner automatically getting the Xmas No. 1 every year really gets on my nerves. It used to be fun to wait and see who it would be every year, but lately everyone knew who it would be.

Not this year though!
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 12:16 AM
I'm so glad RATM got it! I'm not a huge fan, but I have been known to drunkenly dance to it.. it was definitely part of my teens! At least it has some kind of message and thought behind it and isn't some naff, vacuous ballad churned out by a third party. Bet Shelter aren't complaining either!

I also enjoy retrospectively reading smug music journos' blogs saying, "The Climb will be number one - not that horrible Rage nonsense". Ha!
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Totally agree with this, I personally can't stand the X Factor and the winner automatically getting the Xmas No. 1 every year really gets on my nerves. It used to be fun to wait and see who it would be every year, but lately everyone knew who it would be.

Not this year though!
Originally Posted by mse2ponder View Post
I'm so glad RATM got it! I'm not a huge fan, but I have been known to drunkenly dance to it.. it was definitely part of my teens! At least it has some kind of message and thought behind it and isn't some naff, vacuous ballad churned out by a third party. Bet Shelter aren't complaining either!

I also enjoy retrospectively reading smug music journos' blogs saying, "The Climb will be number one - not that horrible Rage nonsense". Ha!
Cheers folks.

Drunken dancing to RATM is not what I'm pushing LOL but I've been there.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 01:24 AM
It wasn't about Joe the campaign began way before the winner was even announced!, if they'd given Joe a decent song he may have stood a better chance against RATM!! I bought the track even though we also have the album.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 02:18 AM
Whooo great RATM won!!!!! I like to see the establishment challenged now & then. Bit like when Finland won Eurovision a few years back. Certainly makes a chnage from Cliff Richard's Mistletoe & Wine &/or Feed the World. The music charts have been bxxxxgered for years anyway..... took RATM to prove it. People power
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 06:15 AM
another yeah here, and its just been on the BBC that RATM will do a free gig in 2010 to say thanks
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 08:12 AM
Don't like either as a christmas song...I say bring back good ole fashioned sentimental Christmas songs, they may not be everyones cup of tea but at least they are Christmasy for once a year. Don't really like the idea of RATM being no.1 at Christmas when the real version is after watershed listening

Bah humbug!!!!!!
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

21-12-2009, 08:53 AM
I just posted a blog entry with some detailed thoughts but, basically, a very good result on a number of levels. I hope that Joe fella sees this as a challenge to make some music with merit rather than bland, manufactured goo to pour in our ears.
DogBoy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Well chuffed, i don't think that any other song could have made it sweeter
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »