View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-02-2008, 08:15 PM
I have to agree with Dennis about having the operation done sooner rather than later.

Now all things going well your Dad will make a pretty good recovery, but as we all know life has a habit of throwing spanners into the works when we less expect them, so what are you going to do in 21 weeks time when you are then due to have the op and something else turns up.

Jackie this is not meant to sound heartless, but you must remember that your own health is the most important of all, because if your not well then you might not be capable of looking after anyone else. Just ask yourself this one question: Would your Dad want you to be in any sort of pain longer than need be? I don't think so.

I wish you loads of luck and best wishes in whatever you decide to do.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Awwww I also never realised you had gone through all of this.You must be made of strong stuff to have gone through it all and have come out at the other end.I agree with all Colin has said as I'm sure your dad wouldn't want you suffering.You need to take care of yourself so that you are strong enough to take care of your dad when he needs you.I respect you no matter what you decide to do and have to add you are really brave too.Good luck vibes from me hun,xxxxxxxxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 08:40 PM
DK I akm so sorry what a nightmare life's been for you. I know it must be a really hard decision but I have to go with Colin and Lorraine and say that if you aren't in health then its harder to be there for others.

But I slso know what you want to mean about being close at hand in case....hard decision but look after yourself mate as no-one else can look after you aswell as you (does that make sense??? - I know what I am trying to say!! )

Take care and do whats right for you

hugs
x
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks everyone ,But my gp is trying to sort things so i can be seen at my local hospital .I have thought long and hard tbh and i cant leave my dad at the moment I just cant ,Besides July aint far off and my other sister will be visiting then so there will be an extra pair of hands xx
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Just caught up with this.

Can I ask - are they aware at your local hospital of all the problems you have had in the past post-op.
A lot of these clinics are not keen to take on the more "complex" cases as they are paid to do a gall bladder op and if you have post-op problems then they do not get paid extra for taking them on.

Your listing information for your gall bladder may not have all this information attached and so they may be transferring you as a straight forward gall bladder operation and may not be aware of all your other medical problems?

Having had my gall bladder taken out a few years ago I know the incredible pain that the blasted little thing causes. I also know that I put off my first op date because I wanted to go to a Xmas party - big mistake - i ended up in hospital with acute pancreatitis because one of the stones moved and stuck in one of the ducts. I was in hospital for 2 weeks - very ill.

I hope you manage to get yourself sorted out xx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2