View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 05:37 PM
That's that whole CM energy thing again, isn't it? I have to admit I find that a bunch of nonsense. I just can't get into that New Age "energy" BS. Dogs are incredible readers of body language and have a sense of smell beyond what we could imagine. I think it's more likely they pick up on a small change in body language or something in the way you smell.

But tugging on the lead is more likely than not going to make a reactive dog react.
scottyvdub
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-04-2011, 05:47 PM
we all believe different things, not going to argue with you, it will mess up my zen (joking),
like i said sometimes a whisper or under you breath can have more of an affect
scottyvdub
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-04-2011, 05:49 PM
and it dosnt matter how the dog picks up how we feel does it, smell, expressions or what ever
Promethean
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by scottyvdub View Post
and it dosnt matter how the dog picks up how we feel does it, smell, expressions or what ever
It does matter. If you know that the dog is responding negatively to something concrete then you can do something about it. Calling it energy is useless. It is a word used to hide ignorance.
scottyvdub
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
It does matter. If you know that the dog is responding negatively to something concrete then you can do something about it. Calling it energy is useless. It is a word used to hide ignorance.
I NEVER USED THE WORD ENERGY, i said that i give a dog more credit to how a human feels.
a human has 9 or more senses touch, taste, smell, sight, hearing, thermoception (heat), nociception (pain),equilibrioception (balence), and proprioception (knowing where your arm or leg is without seeing it). i dont think a dog has more than us like a "sith sense or tenth sense" but they are better at using them than us, maybe they do have more senses than us i dont know.

if you are in your house and the dog is dam near asleep and you get up with a sense of urgency, the dog is there with you and alert, has sensed your urgency, some how not saying the dog is telepathic just more in tune than us,

humans can "feel" things to you must have maybe been at work or somewhere and felt some tension or unease or "bad energy" if you speak mumbo jumbo,
and if we had better senses like a dog we could of figured out that George and Betty had an arguement at the coffe machine,or what ever (hope you get my point),
dogs could pick up on body,expressions, sound, pheromones who knows what
Promethean
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Nothing you wrote has to do with 'energy', it is all about behaviour.

Someone who doesn't know any better attributes a fake smile to 'energy', a knowledgeable person sees a lack of orbicularis oculi contraction.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 09:22 PM
As far as I see all the discussion about energy dont make a blind bit of difference to the dog

But my problem is people are talking about punishing the dog or letting them know they are not happy with his behaviour when they dont have the slightest interest in finding out WHY the dog is doing what he is doing
All the talk about energy but often people cannot see when their dogs are scared or stressed
They dont care about helping their dog emotionaly deal with a situation, they just want the behaviour to stop

They dont want to teach their dog a better behaviour - they just want it to stop the behaviour that the human dosent like
scottyvdub
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-04-2011, 09:32 PM
well this is going way off topic again, this thread dosnt need to turn into yet another white teeth fake smile blah blah cm thread. I was just trying to say how the vids should have gone, with that training method,
another method the woman could have tried and she would have been more successful. could be lure training with the mighty hot dog, top treat
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
As far as I see all the discussion about energy dont make a blind bit of difference to the dog

But my problem is people are talking about punishing the dog or letting them know they are not happy with his behaviour when they dont have the slightest interest in finding out WHY the dog is doing what he is doing
All the talk about energy but often people cannot see when their dogs are scared or stressed
They dont care about helping their dog emotionaly deal with a situation, they just want the behaviour to stop

They dont want to teach their dog a better behaviour - they just want it to stop the behaviour that the human dosent like
Absolutely ~ well said

I don't buy into all this "energy", "aura", "vibes" stuff either. If your mood "travels" down the lead or reins or whatever, then it's probably because you're tugging at them!!!

Yes dogs are very astute at picking up signals from humans, either from body language, voice tone, pheromones (?) although we'll never know this as we can't sense them, so we can only suppose, & smell, sounds, e.g. perhaps they can hear increased heart rates? But something as nebulous as "energy" or "aura", then IMO this can better be explained as the dog's superior (different?) sensory perceptions, not some magical & unexplainable 6th sense.
scottyvdub
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Thanks wilber for basicly repeating what I have allready said. I said I don't think dogs have more senses than us just there better at using them. And a saying is just that, not to be taken litterly.
Page 9 of 16 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »