Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
similar situation to the one i am aware of and sadly he was never prosecuted because it was his word against hers and then the family didnt tell the rest of the family, 10 years later in a fairly weird discussion it comes out that he did it with another family member who could have corroberated the first abused story and for him to be prosecuted. He meanwhile has gone on to have a baby girl with the new wife who knows nothing about it, and still no prosecution as still not enough evidence as so long ago..

pathetic isnt it, he has got away with it completely and still in utter denial!!
When my brother did jury service he was in a similar case, a girl was 16 and only just coming forward, not enough evidence, the b*****d got free and my brother was gutted, there was nothing they could do even as the jury as there was just not enough evidence to put him away, that poor girl, not only her life destroyed but knowing he was free to do it to others, he had kids too evidently.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Actually it's damned scary. How many of these people are out there, taking childrens' innocence and putting a cloud over the rest of their lives. I can't bear the thought of it happening to my kids. I know I'm a pain to them but I think better safe than sorry. I just don't trust people until I know them very well. However, reading this thread, how do you really know ever. It obviously must be so hard to tell what's in their minds

Actually, I have a cousin that I find very creepy. When we go to family parties, I watch him like a hawk. I feel bad inside, as I have absolutely no firm reason to not trust him but I just don't. He's just over-friendly and I just don't trust. It's bad I know. I've never said about my feelings to anyone but my OH (who thinks I'm way off the mark). It's sad that we have to be so careful because of some selfish people
isnt is just, yet the one person who I personally would pick out as being a bit weird in this family, it isnt them its the one you would nevr suspect 0 the life and soul !! horrid

makes you scared to let your kids out of your sight basically.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 09:00 PM
On the other side of the coin I also have a pal who's brother was dragged through the courts being accused of doing something to a boy (he was in charge of a boys brigade) when he didn't, the family accusing him were scum for want of a better word, they wanted to do it for a settlement but luckily they were seen through. This ruined my pal's brother's life, he will always avoid children now and ignore them if they speak to him, never lets his own kids have pals over e.t.c. Very sad.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Pedophilia knows no geographical boundaries......

The fact that they risk physical harm from others is little deterrent.

Pedophilia is an illness, and they are driven by desires that are far too strong to resist.

Sadly it's our babies that suffer, and I don't know if there is a cure.

In my instance, the "cure" was counselling, which did nothing, because he did it again. Perhaps castration would have been a better option, preferably with me wielding the knife...
How awful, Vicki.

I sympathise completely. There would be no compassion for anyone who hurt my baby.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
The total shock I experienced when I found out what was happening between my second husband and my daughter was devastating. The expression "you could have knocked me down with a feather" could have been written for me at that moment.

Never in a million years would I have expected that the man that saved me from an abusive first marriage would end up being an abuser (albeit differently) himself.

Please, never think it can't happen to you. I'm living proof that it can.......
Tried to give you reppies but it wont let me.

My family has recently been ripped apart by someone and I would have never believed it could happen. It has made me realise that the only people who I can trust are my OH and my boys..............................
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 10:15 PM
I just don't trust people until I know them very well. However, reading this thread, how do you really know ever. It obviously must be so hard to tell what's in their minds
Sorry to pick on your post CC and I am not really "picking" honest

The point is that is exactly the point when most paedophiles strike when they have you, the parent's, FULL and unconditional support. It is extremely unlikely a paedophile will strike (unless a random attack - whereby there is usually a history of sexual deviance or violent sexual behaviourdisplays prior to the "attack") when they have little half or even 3/4 trust, in fact I would stick my neck out here and say, apart from the random stranger attacks, the percentage of crimes committed by individuals not trusted100% by the parents would be very very small.

CC I know you go on to say that, and I paraphrase here, you may neverreally know someone and I think that is the nail being hit on the head.....the only person you ever really know is yourself and that is a sad fact of human nature....or maybe I am justcynical

I also see you go on to say that you are wary of individuals outside the trusted circle and I am not for a minute saying your trusted circle is not a safe one but Vicki, and Vicki please tell me if you are offended by this comment, I am sure trusted her partner 100% as do many other mothers and fathers who go through this awful situation.

Vicki my heart goes out to you and its prob no comfort at all but it is extremely common, in my experience for children(be they kids or adults) to blame the non abusive partner Huge hugs hun
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 05:57 AM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Vicki I wantto give you reppies for your last few posts but it won't let me You are so right. Hugs to you and yours
Thanks Lynne x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 06:01 AM
Actually, I have a cousin that I find very creepy. When we go to family parties, I watch him like a hawk. I feel bad inside, as I have absolutely no firm reason to not trust him but I just don't. He's just over-friendly and I just don't trust. It's bad I know. I've never said about my feelings to anyone but my OH (who thinks I'm way off the mark). It's sad that we have to be so careful because of some selfish people
In my opinion, you should trust your instincts, and keep watching.... your peace of mind is worth so much more than even the slightest sense of guilt you have for doing it.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 06:02 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
On the other side of the coin I also have a pal who's brother was dragged through the courts being accused of doing something to a boy (he was in charge of a boys brigade) when he didn't, the family accusing him were scum for want of a better word, they wanted to do it for a settlement but luckily they were seen through. This ruined my pal's brother's life, he will always avoid children now and ignore them if they speak to him, never lets his own kids have pals over e.t.c. Very sad.
Sorry to hear this, Kel. False accusations of this nature have a way of totally ruining lives.....

x0x
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 07:25 AM
I read through this thread with interest, because of the nature/nurture element; but it saddened me to read that so many of you (myself included) have been affected.

What would I see done? I'd have them under a microscope to find out why. Just like bacteria were analysed and eventually the treatment penicillin discovered.

Divorced from all emotion, unless you know why a thing behaves as it does you can't find out if there is "cure" or even if there is not a "cure"

Would I take the chance of freeing a convicted paedophile? No I would not.
They would be in prison for the rest of their days, so they would never have contact with children again.

Inside prison I would have them analysed mentally, physically, genetically - to further our knowledge -in the hope we might at some point identify one before they strike.
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >