Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
So no then!

Adam
Actually, I said:

"Why, would you like to try sticking an electric shock collar on him and subject him to your abuse? As my dog is quite a character, perhaps you'd like to use two collars? Three? Two around his neck and one around his genitals? More?"
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 10:34 PM
As a general rule driving is considered the best method of general travel in those circumstances.

Hence my analogy.

Adam
now THAT is a joke! No one except the deranged actually believe that E-collars are the best form of dog training (and the person who sells them to you to make money out of you of course)
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
The only reason I can think that you would even use such an example is of you thinking about driving the dog.
My interpretation is that walking takes too long; hitch-hiking can be risky and might also take too long, but he has a car so he might as well use that - get there quick. He's got e-collars so he might as well use them, gets him there fast, eh?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
My interpretation is that walking takes too long; hitch-hiking can be risky and might also take too long, but he has a car so he might as well use that - get there quick. He's got e-collars so he might as well use them, gets him there fast, eh?
Exactly. The ego maniac cannot be stood there with egg on his face wasting time he needs to just say it and the dog do it, no regard for the long term effects on the dog - why should he when he can stand there beating his chest instead of CARING about his dog.

I mean, using it to teach turns/direction in agility.....hardly sparing the e-collar for life threatening situations!! And Adam, I very much doubt that any decent agility, in fact make that any agility club will allow you to train with an e-collar or allow you to compete with them in a club whilst knowing that you do this. Actually you wouldnt have the results to qualify with that training anyway.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 10:42 PM
[quote=Moonstone;2149774]But the ones that were saved, which I think is pretty amazing when you consider their life, were rehabilitated in ways you don't seem to want to embrace.

But your method of shocking them doesn't help them, it only masks the problem, can't you see that, if you need to electrocute a dog everytime it get stressed about another dog, what quality of life is that. No dog lover would advocate that. There are many trainers who deal with aggressive dogs , day after day, and do it without hurting an animal.[/quote]

Adam thought that too - once, before he discovered he was rubbish at training. Elsewhere he said it would be better to be strictly reward based but he felt that owners put pressure on him for quick results.

So he turned to abusing dogs instead of taking the time and effort to train them kindly.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post

Adam thought that too - once, before he discovered he was rubbish at training. Elsewhere he said it would be better to be strictly reward based but he felt that owners put pressure on him for quick results.

So he turned to abusing dogs instead of taking the time and effort to train them kindly.
[/quote]

You got it MerlinsMum - a short cut merchant. So the dogs are the ones that suffer.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=Lucky Star;2149787]
Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
But the ones that were saved, which I think is pretty amazing when you consider their life, were rehabilitated in ways you don't seem to want to embrace.

But your method of shocking them doesn't help them, it only masks the problem, can't you see that, if you need to electrocute a dog everytime it get stressed about another dog, what quality of life is that. No dog lover would advocate that. There are many trainers who deal with aggressive dogs , day after day, and do it without hurting an animal.[/quote]

If that is true then he should grow a pair and train the owners - thats what its mostly about after all.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 10:50 PM
[quote=Dobermann;2149792]
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post

If that is true then he should grow a pair and train the owners - thats what its mostly about after all.
Agreed. If he was any good at it.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 10:56 PM
I don't think he owes me, though to be fair he does seem to be a good aglity and stooge dog so he was worth saving.

Adam
And you can't see what an appalling statement this is? It actually sums you up nicely.

rune
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 11:03 PM
I don't think he owes me, though to be fair he does seem to be a good aglity and stooge dog so he was worth saving.

Adam
All dogs are 'worth saving' - even the ones who do nothing more than sit on the couch keeping their owners company (or maybe especially the ones who do no more than sit on the couch keeping their owners company )
Closed Thread
Page 55 of 206 « First < 5 45 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 65 105 155 > Last »