Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Thank you for posting this SB. xx

Whisper is almost out of Yumove - but I haven't been all that impressed with them tbh. I've been comparing various supplements and just getting more confused lol. But this info is helpful.

I am keeping her on Cetyl M as it has definitely has helped her.

Originally Posted by jeagibear View Post
Thank you Paul, that brilliant information. I used a product caled MOBILISE DS. From london.
www.arthritis-help-for-pets.com.
Each capsule contained:
Glucosomine sulphate 500mg
Chondroitin sulphate 200mg
Methylsulphonylmethane 100mg
Cayenne 10mg
Vitamin C 30mg
Manganese 2mg
Amino Acid 16mg
Magnesium Stearate BP 10mg

If it is, i used this for Two or Three years, with my German Shepherd Dog. It was absolutely Brilliant
If it has the same "Powers" as MDS. I would recommend it to anybody.
Manganese 2mg
Can I ask please; why you liked it so much? Are they effective? These seem to be good and the price is pretty reasonable too. Whisper suffers from occasional stiffness in one of her shoulders and we have to lift her into the car sometimes too. Every time I think about ringing the vet she seems to recover again - and I'd rather stay off prescription meds for as long as possible. The likelihood is that they'd put her on Metacam and I'd rather she doesn't have to go down that road just yet.

Since reading this thread I've been considering using my Glucosamine (1000mg) and my Green Lipped Mussel for her together with Turmeric - only just started using these myself lol but am happy to share! I just worry that they are / aren't suitable. xx

Ben Mcfuzzylugs - A friend of mine who suffers with arthritis and who has recently had hip replacements has been on Glucosamine for a little while and he absolutely raves about it! He say it's made a huge difference to him and he can't praise it enough. He's in his 70's. So I decided I may as well try it myself as I have some joint problems - walking is fine - it's when I sit down in the evening or sit down after doing a lot of work in the house that my back / hips are especially bad.
Paul Boland
New Member!
Male 

09-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Hanlou View Post
Thank you for posting this SB. xx

Whisper is almost out of Yumove - but I haven't been all that impressed with them tbh. I've been comparing various supplements and just getting more confused lol. But this info is helpful.

I am keeping her on Cetyl M as it has definitely has helped her.

Can I ask please; why you liked it so much? Are they effective? These seem to be good and the price is pretty reasonable too. Whisper suffers from occasional stiffness in one of her shoulders and we have to lift her into the car sometimes too. Every time I think about ringing the vet she seems to recover again - and I'd rather stay off prescription meds for as long as possible. The likelihood is that they'd put her on Metacam and I'd rather she doesn't have to go down that road just yet.

Since reading this thread I've been considering using my Glucosamine (1000mg) and my Green Lipped Mussel for her together with Turmeric - only just started using these myself lol but am happy to share! I just worry that they are / aren't suitable. xx

Ben Mcfuzzylugs - A friend of mine who suffers with arthritis and who has recently had hip replacements has been on Glucosamine for a little while and he absolutely raves about it! He say it's made a huge difference to him and he can't praise it enough. He's in his 70's. So I decided I may as well try it myself as I have some joint problems - walking is fine - it's when I sit down in the evening or sit down after doing a lot of work in the house that my back / hips are especially bad.
Hi

Why don't you try the formulation I developed. If you follow the thread you will see the ingredients and details are all here. I developed this product for my cleints as I had used other products in my veterinary practices for ten years and could nerver find one that had high levels of glucosamine and chondroitin combined with anti inflammatory and anti oxidant agents. I dont think I can post links but if you just search for JointNatural or NaturalHealthVet on Google you will come across the products. I use this on all my cleints in my veterinary practices now and they are all very happy.
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Hi Hanlou. As Paul has said, it only based on fact. The vet that i bought it off, told me the same. Dogs do not know they are on medication, they have not been told " It will do you good, and you will feel better!" The vet who sold it to me just said----" If it is definately Osteoarthritis, it will work. Jeager pulled up one morning, chasing a Fox. He limped like mad. Itook him to my vet. They did an X-Ray.
There was no break, but they showed me where the Arthritis would probably start. (His left "wrist") He started clicking, as he walked. As things got worse, i found this vet and his formulation. I was having to keep Jeager on the lead, because of the pain. I started the treatment. So eager to see a difference, i asked how long things would take. He said..." Two to Three weeks, to start seeing a difference!!" Within Two weeks, he was running up and down the stairs, again. I called, to tell of the progress. Then asked how long, before i could let him off the lead?
He said Five to Six weeks. On the fifth week, i swear, he was Barking, to be let off the lead. I let him go!! It was absolutely Beautiful. To see him Bound aroun, and chase the Puppies. It was Fantastic. I cried. THe Tesco insurance paid for it. He stayed on it, for the rest of his life. I am so gratefull. Those extra few years. MAGICAL!! Please try it. You must get a vet to CONFIRM that it is Osteoarthritis, though!
Good luck.
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-10-2012, 06:46 PM
When Whisper went to the vet for her vaccinations and general check-up the vet had a good 'feel' of the affected joint and said it sounded like Arthritis to him - he recommended Glucosamine. She is 8 1/2 - and as she was knocked about by a previous owner we wonder if it is an old injury where she was kicked / had something thrown at her.

She hasn't been X-Rayed because it's never really been bad enough to justify that. She slipped a little when chasing her ball recently and we think that triggered the problem again (together with this unseasonably cold weather!).

I think this supplement sounds very reasonable and the reviews certainly sound good. Will let you know if we do and what results we have! She's fine again today - not limping at all.
Paul Boland
New Member!
Male 

09-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Hi

Glucosamine and Chondoitin supplements have a cumulative effect and a loading dose period is normally four to six weeks. After that the dose is gradually reduced until half the quantity is reached. This makes the whole cost of taking these supplements reasonably manageable.

I have seen fantastic results with Joint Supplements. I advise all my clients to not believe anything people say and just try them. If they don't work after 6 weeks stop. Because there are no side effects there are no risks and if you steer clear from the very expensive brands the cost is relatively cheap.
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Thank you for your reply Paul, and it was "Nice" to see, that you never slagged this other product off! Thank you, and Good luck.
Paul Boland
New Member!
Male 

09-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by jeagibear View Post
Thank you for your reply Paul, and it was "Nice" to see, that you never slagged this other product off! Thank you, and Good luck.
No problem. I believe people are intelligent enough to make up there own mind. I develop my products for my clients and there pets not for the bank manager. It takes a lot of time and effort to develop a product and I wouldn't do it if I could buy one myself that does the job. My business is caring for animals not selling products. My aim is to ensure that animals are getting the best natural products. I try and give people the facts. They can then decide for themselves.

Thanks

Paul
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Paul Boland View Post
Hi

Why don't you try the formulation I developed. If you follow the thread you will see the ingredients and details are all here. I developed this product for my cleints as I had used other products in my veterinary practices for ten years and could nerver find one that had high levels of glucosamine and chondroitin combined with anti inflammatory and anti oxidant agents. I dont think I can post links but if you just search for JointNatural or NaturalHealthVet on Google you will come across the products. I use this on all my cleints in my veterinary practices now and they are all very happy.
Hi Paul. I will have a look!

ETA: It would work out a lot more expensive than the supplement jeagibear recommended - plus Whisper will *not* eat tablets so they have to be crushed for her. The powder form of the Mobility DS would therefore seem to be more suitable for her.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2012, 07:44 AM
I find different supplements work for different dogs and it is worth trying others if one sort doesn`t have any effect.
I have put Daisy on to G&C and fish oils and the improvement is very obvious. Before she would be stiff in the evenings. Now she isn`t.
I use the human ones from Internet offers as that is cheapest.
Sadly they don`t seem to have much effect on Shamus but we are using other methods.
Paul Boland
New Member!
Male 

10-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by Hanlou View Post
Hi Paul. I will have a look!

ETA: It would work out a lot more expensive than the supplement jeagibear recommended - plus Whisper will *not* eat tablets so they have to be crushed for her. The powder form of the Mobility DS would therefore seem to be more suitable for her.
Hi

No problem. It is difficult to get certain dogs to eat tablets. Good Luck with the mobility DS. I am sure you will see improvement. Just one point that is not in anyway aimed at changing your mind. The reason the DS Mobility is cheaper is because it is a cheaper formulation to manufacture and has a lot less of the relevant actives. Nevertheless if this works thats great. As I said my main intention is to make sure the animals are improving so if this products works on your dog thats great.

Thanks

Paul
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2