View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
theo&milly
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-06-2012, 12:50 PM
I don't know the answer to your original question but the last batch of wainwrights trays have given Theo chronic loose and mucosy stools, chronic wind and left him withdrawn and lethargic. He's been eating these since 8 weeks old and just this batch has upset him. Each time we switched to a plain diet for a few days then got him back to normal, restarted the wainwrights and ended up at square 1 again. So u think I'll switch to nature harvest but if it's the same stuff I'll not bother
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2012, 02:07 PM
The Natures Harvest trays were always eaten much quicker then the Wainwrights trays? Not sure why?

The do look very similar though.
JTVN
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Wainwrights are independent company whose foodstuffs are sold exclusively by PAH - they do not supply anyone else

The food is good - one of the best on the market at a much more reasonable price than many others .
Wainwrights is PAH's 'own brand' and made exclusively for them by another company (dry and wet food) so may well be the same factory as Natures Harvfest.

I think that Forthglade is much better than Wainwrights
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
If I buy trays I use Natures Harvest, I prefer it because it has a higher oil content and a MUCH lower fibre content than Wainwrights.
Well thanks for the input SB! Can I ask; what difference does both of these factors make to the quality of the food? I mean that question in a genuine-wanting-to-know-way lol. I will stick with Nature's Harvest if it is important.

I have noticed that although Whisper's poos were fine on the lamb they have been soft on the turkey one. Could that be because of the fibre content then? Gah; this food business is way too confusing!

(Oh and can anyone tell me how many trays I need a month if I'm giving Whisper 2/3 of tray each day?? My Maths won't compute it - or maybe I'm just tired - it's been a long weekend!)
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Hanlou View Post
Well thanks for the input SB! Can I ask; what difference does both of these factors make to the quality of the food? I mean that question in a genuine-wanting-to-know-way lol. I will stick with Nature's Harvest if it is important.

I have noticed that although Whisper's poos were fine on the lamb they have been soft on the turkey one. Could that be because of the fibre content then? Gah; this food business is way too confusing!

(Oh and can anyone tell me how many trays I need a month if I'm giving Whisper 2/3 of tray each day?? My Maths won't compute it - or maybe I'm just tired - it's been a long weekend!)

The difference is that dogs get their energy from oil/fat so I would want a food which was not to low in this.

Fibre bulks out stools and makes them sloppier.

As for the containers in which both foods are found, I think you will find that most manufacturers of tins/cans/plastic trays/polystyrene trays etc produce bog standard sizes driven by the food industry and thus it is hardly surprising that they look the same.

Just as if you took the labels off food cans, they would all look pretty similar........
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Natures Harvest is made by Judges Choice - which hold the Royal Warrent.
I doubt they make the stuff for P@H, or it would probably have the stamp on too.

As SB says, they probably buy their packaging from the same place!
Smawfield
New Member!
Female 

12-02-2013, 03:44 PM
What is the difference between Judges Natures Harvest and Bertie's Natures Harvest?
petitsfilous
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-02-2013, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by JTVN View Post
Wainwrights is PAH's 'own brand' and made exclusively for them by another company (dry and wet food) so may well be the same factory as Natures Harvfest.
P@H has quite a few of it's own brands which they sell in all of their stores, Wainwright being one of them. Others are; LoveFish, Purely (cat food), Options and Woodlands.
Smawfield
New Member!
Female 

21-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Seems N H used to make for Bertie's. same packaging cept the royal crest on N H and Bertie's on Bertie's! Don't make for Bertie's anymore tho exact same contents and its old packaging shown on websites show Bertie's packaging!
Well that's what Judge's told me after a few emails of dialogue! Still confused tho!
JTVN
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-02-2013, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by petitsfilous View Post
P@H has quite a few of it's own brands which they sell in all of their stores, Wainwright being one of them. Others are; LoveFish, Purely (cat food), Options and Woodlands.
Yes, I know but thanks anyway. I tend to buy from local independent stores as I don't like supporting shops that sell animals.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2