View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2012, 07:40 PM

Are Wainwrights Trays made by the same people as Natures Harvest??

Well since Wainwrights wet food is on offer at the moment (2 packs of 12 for £15) at Pets At Home I thought I'd buy a couple of trays to see if Whisper likes them as they'll work out so cheap - especially now she has some Butchers Gravy food as well lol.

Well I have been using Nature's Harvest for her and when I got the Wainwright's tray out I couldn't help but think "wow! that looks familiar!". The tray is identical to the Nature's Harvest! Same size, same shape, same film and same markings on the back. Cardboard sleeve is even the same!

They have to be made in the same place - it's way too much of a co-incidence!

Just wondered if anyone else has noticed. The food is exactly the same in texture and consistency etc too.

Ingredients are very similar.

Wainwrights lamb:

Nutritional Information

Protein 11.2%, Crude Fibre 5.4%, Oils & Fats 6.5%, Crude Ash 3%, Moisture 73.9%.

Ingredients

Lamb (min.65%), Lamb Liver (min. 5%), Brown Rice (min. 5%), Minerals, Seaweed, Chicory Root.

Additives; Vitamin A:1,500µ/kg, Vitamin D3: 150µ/kg, Vitamin E (α-Tocopherol): 25µ//kg, Calcium 0.52%, Phosphorus 0.43%.

Natures Harvest lamb:

Nutritional Information
Protein 11% Oil 7.5% Ash 3% Fibre 1.8% Moisture 73%
Vitamin A 1500 iu/kg Vitamin D3 150 iu/kg Vitamin E 25 iu/Kg

Ingredients
Min 65% Fresh Lamb, Min 21% Brown Rice, Peas, Carrots, Herbs, Salmon Oil, Seaweed, Minerals, Vitamins, Glucosamine, Chondroitin.

I think I will be buying Wainwright's in future as the price difference is quite substantial. Especially with the offer on - and they're on offer fairly regularly.

There isn't the same range of flavours of course but I don't think even Madam Whisper will mind that! I can treat her to the Deli range every so often anyway.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2012, 08:11 PM
I may be wrong but I think one would need to feed a lot more of the Nature's Harvest? I seem to recall looking at this food and then realising that as Dex would need three trays a day, the price was prohibitive. Whereas with th Wainwrights wet trays he has one or sometimes one and a half per day.

Nature's Harvest has added Glucosamine, which is good. Wainwright's does not. I don't think they are made by the same people - but I am happy to be corrected
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
I may be wrong but I think one would need to feed a lot more of the Nature's Harvest? I seem to recall looking at this food and then realising that as Dex would need three trays a day, the price was prohibitive. Whereas with th Wainwrights wet trays he has one or sometimes one and a half per day.

Nature's Harvest has added Glucosamine, which is good. Wainwright's does not. I don't think they are made by the same people - but I am happy to be corrected
I will take pics of the two products side by side and see if anyone can spot the difference lol.

The Glucosamine added isn't really important to me as I give it to Whisper anyway and I know what quality / quantity she's getting that way.

As for feeding guidelines - I think WW's are ridiculously mean tbh! Whisper had 2/3 of a tray today which according to their tray guide would be approximately her total ration but in addition to the tray she also has had a handful of kibble and 1/2 a tin of Butchers food.

I feed exactly the same amount of Natures Harvest.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Wainwrights are independent company whose foodstuffs are sold exclusively by PAH - they do not supply anyone else

The food is good - one of the best on the market at a much more reasonable price than many others .
SneaksyWhippet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm not sure about its relationship to Nature's Harvest (although I vaguely remember noticing they were manufactured in the same place?) but Wainwrights trays were what I fed my boys on before switching to raw. They loved it and I still have some in the cupboard for emergencies.

I also remember thinking the portions were a bit stingy but they were actually about right to maintain a constant weight for the whippets. It does give them stinky wind though!
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Mine have w w trays for one meal a day . Kodi my gsd has a whole tray for one meal and she has two meals a day.and even my puppy has one third of a tray and he has three other meals. I think that it's a great food but think their feeding quantities Are way out.
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Wainwrights are independent company whose foodstuffs are sold exclusively by PAH - they do not supply anyone else

The food is good - one of the best on the market at a much more reasonable price than many others .
But they *must* be made in the same place! The trays are literally exactly the same. I swear no-one could tell the difference - there's some particular markings on the plastic of the tray underneath which match up and even the 'lines' on the film are the same.
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by kodimeg View Post
Mine have w w trays for one meal a day . Kodi my gsd has a whole tray for one meal and she has two meals a day.and even my puppy has one third of a tray and he has three other meals. I think that it's a great food but think their feeding quantities Are way out.
Am glad you agree! I am careful about how much I give Whisper as I really don't want her putting on weight given that she's 8 years old but I think she'd have been very upset if I stuck rigidly to their guidelines lol.

I think it's good quality food and if they are so very similar to Natures Harvest I'm not paying a vast amount more for so similar a product. I did feed them before but somehow felt they were a lesser quality product (not sure why) but am now reconsidering that!

Was having a discussion with a lady at the till who was wondering what the quality was like and I told her it was good stuff and the till lad' said it really was good stuff and that the percentage of meat in it was high etc.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Hanlou View Post
But they *must* be made in the same place! The trays are literally exactly the same. I swear no-one could tell the difference - there's some particular markings on the plastic of the tray underneath which match up and even the 'lines' on the film are the same.
The packaging is possibly bought from the same supplier

I was given this information by the Manager of our local PAH.

Sure to satisfy your curiosity ask to speak to Manager of your branch next time you are in & query it with him / her
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2012, 08:45 PM
If I buy trays I use Natures Harvest, I prefer it because it has a higher oil content and a MUCH lower fibre content than Wainwrights.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >