View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
beau
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-01-2011, 02:19 PM
I would love to have one, how much do they cost? and do you have to pay for each download that you do?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Beau - they are either £111 or £152. A lot of the downloads are free - such as the classics. Bestsellers do cost but are cheaper than the shops, plus, for me at least, it's easier to read a Kindle than a book.

Have a look here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kindle-Wirel...pf_rd_i=468294
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Got my mum one for her 70th, she LOVES it!!!
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Got my OH one for his birthday. Its an amazing thing and i was quite impressed with how dim the screen is, i get migraines and had been putting off getting a kindle because i was worried about the brightness making me poorly.

The only thing is i dont know whether we are being useless but we are having trouble finding the books he wants for it He wanted the harry potters to take on holiday but we cant seem to find them
Azz
Administrator
Male 

08-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by beau View Post
I would love to have one, how much do they cost? and do you have to pay for each download that you do?
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Beau - they are either £111 or £152. A lot of the downloads are free - such as the classics. Bestsellers do cost but are cheaper than the shops, plus, for me at least, it's easier to read a Kindle than a book.

Have a look here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kindle-Wirel...pf_rd_i=468294
Also you will find books much cheaper if you buy directly from publishers (just make sure their ebooks are in .mobi format) - and they often have 40% off type coupons... at least that's the case for the programming books I've been buying.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by grommit View Post
The only thing is i dont know whether we are being useless but we are having trouble finding the books he wants for it He wanted the harry potters to take on holiday but we cant seem to find them
I don't think they're available at the moment.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 03:32 PM
going to be ordering one in next few days. bought an ereader from argos and have just returned it for a refund as couldnt get it working or talking to laptop. so will be off to the bank to deposit some money and then buying one...
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 06:48 PM
mine came today...well sooooooooooo pleased is the understatement.....loving it. it loaded the books that i had on the kindle app on my phone so finished the one i was reading.....

sue
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-01-2011, 09:02 PM
So glad you like it, I am really enjoying mine too although I haven't taken it out much yet.
A major bonus I have found so far is being able to use it in the car, reading a book (or even looking down at a map ) on a journey used to leave me feeling a bit nauseous, but I managed to read a couple of chapters of Sherlock Holmes on my Kindle with no bother in the car.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

21-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by pam2 View Post
...I managed to read a couple of chapters of Sherlock Holmes on my Kindle with no bother in the car.
I hope you weren't driving
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >