Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2023, 06:22 AM

Wondering Wednesday 5th April 2023

Well tis Wednesday and sounds as though it will be a wondering one for some of you. Including me as to whether my friend Margaret makes it over. We are supposed to be going out for lunch but as you all know it can sometmes not happen. Anyway I hope you all get your wondering sorted out. Hope Freya feels better today and of course Rosie. Kelly how long will you be in hospital for? Hope it all goes well for you. Not long now. Have a good day everyone. Suns trying to come out. Words for today:Arcanum, Abreacts, Koji and Ki.
The sand was lovely this morning, low tide and very warm out.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2023, 10:11 AM
Morning all
Brenda, hopefully Margaret makes it and you have a lovely lunch.
Errrr, hopefully just the day Brenda but.....I haven't had an appointment for a pre op so not sure if I will actually make it to surgery. I called my consultants secretary yesterday and left a message to see if I need one or not, I have my weight, getting my bloods done for my other consultant today so other than a COVID test and blood pressure, no reason I can't have surgery.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2023, 10:57 AM
Morning brenda, griff and all to follow just but will be afternoon when I have finished.

Freya is a bit better today, keeping her off dairy as much as possible for another few days, and boiling water and cooling for her.
She asked for a yogurt earlier but nanny had to say no, eventually she ate a dry rusk, and some crackers, also had a drink of water.
Lauren is giving her a small amount of milk in the morning and at bedtime especially as she is off her food, but is getting less than she usually would.

brenda glad you enjoyed your walk. Hope Margaret makes it over and you get out to lunch.
Chris what a nightmare for you regarding Gary and the dentist.
Fingers crossed for Rosie.
griff hope everything goes smoothly regards pre-op tests and being a day patient.

Thank you everyone for Freya's get well wishes.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2023, 11:33 AM
Good afternoon everyone

Hope you get your pre-op assessment soon Kelly

Fingers crossed for the all clear or Rosie

Pleased Freya seem on the mend.

Sun has now appeared. Teazle walked and have spent 3.5 hours pressure washing the front drive. Barry didn't even make me a coffee so he is not in my good books. Back aches and feet are tired but will see how I feel later about going and putting moss killer on the lawn it is meant to rain tonight so that would wash it in for me.

Take care everyone
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2023, 01:19 PM
Good afternoon all

Finally got my hairdresser's appointment sorted. Earliest he had is next Wednesday afternoon at 3.45 pm, but at least it's booked now.

The vet agrees that her gum has swelled so a 5 day course of antibiotics. She's going to phone a friend of hers who is a veterinary orthodontist to see if he has any ideas. It may be a case of wait and see if the swelling continues and only if it affects her in any way to then consider surgery again which I hope and pray isn't needed

Kelly, I hope all goes well and the op goes ahead and. more importantly, that it helps you x
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-04-2023, 01:53 PM
If i had made Sue a coffee I would more than likely told either she didn't want one or she is too busy to drink it. I just can't win
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2023, 04:30 PM
Hi yep went for lunch with Margaret. Lovely time. Barry you should help a bit me thinks. Asking would be good. Have a good evening everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2023, 05:16 PM
Well, half way to the hospital, mum called me.... consultants secretary had called, op cancelled....drs strike! I don't mind at all, they deserve a payrise and I am sure they will get me in quick as they can.
Lynn, awww, pleased Freya is a bit better and hopefully will be back to full strength soon
Chris, hope the antibiotics work for Rosie
Barry, quick tip, just offer.....my mum is a mare, you make something and she doesn't want it or its not right, I just ask now, if she says no...well, I offered!!
Sue, I need to jetwash the patio....I keep putting it off, maybe Friday lol
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-04-2023, 06:12 PM
Griff there is an old saying

I offered my honour and Sue honoured my offer, so all night long it was honour and offer
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2023, 07:27 AM
Life in the old dog yet then Barry.lol!! I don't mean Sue.