Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2012, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
I tend to pop to my local Sainsbury's and do my shopping to time with when they have just reduced things. Yesterday I got one pack of salmon reduced from £4 to £1.30 and 3 packs of mackeral reduced from £3 to £1 a pack! They are in the freezer for the dogs and will go for a week's meals so not bad for the 2 of them!
I also got a lovely evening dress from a dress agency in Sheringham on Saturday for my niece. It was brand new with tags and ws 70% off so it cost just £7.50. It is really beautiful and I just jealous that I am not a size 8 to fit into it (though I would look a bit skeletal as I am 5 foot 7").
I also got 2 bags of Iams dog food 3KG senior reduced in Sainsbury's to £5 a bag. Not sure why reduced as good date (April 2013) and not a brand I normally buy but good ingredients. The dog pictured on the packet even looked quite like Izzy! (it was a mini Schnauzer though not a Kerry )
There is nothing like a good bargain to make you feel better.
Originally Posted by Angie1966 View Post
I managed to pick up a whole fresh salmon from Asda on Saturday evening. Original price £23 reduced to £10. Once I'd boned, skinned and filleted it I got 12 big portions from it. What a bargain!!
Definitely some bargains there I used to take a friend to Asda on a Tuesday lunchtime and used to get quite a few bargains then.

Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Bloody hell!

OH and I spent about £150- £200 a month on our food (fresh meat and veg every day).
Dogs cost just over £20 per month to feed, and cats about the same (2 dogs, 4 cats)
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
I spend £150-200 per month for 2 people (including household stuff like loo-roll, cleaning stuff etc)
They aren't too bad for the month. I'm no good at trying to organise myself for a monthly shop so do it every week, although that does sometimes stretch a little bit if I am using up stuff in the freezer.

Helen
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3