View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 07:40 AM
Just after I got Daisy I was sitting outside a seafront cafe when a child charged up and shoved his fingers in her mouth! This is a large GSD with aggression issues. Luckily she was so startled she just leapt up, knocking the kid backwards, with me giving all and sundry a good mouthful of choice phrases. The parents (Eastern European I think) slapped the wailing child on the back of the head for being so stupid. Now that`s what I call parenting!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Welld one to Ben and to you for refraining from further actions.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 08:31 AM
I,m fuming at reading this and can see it getting worse at time goes on as so many parents let their children run wild or at least unreprimanded or shown right from wrong, those parents should be grr darent say word!!!!! Anyway you did so well biting your tongue as much as you did, our animals precious to us and so wrong of humans to think they are superior to them!!!!!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 08:40 AM
I was just so utterly shocked, the guy, who I presume was the dad did get told exactly what I thought of him and his ability to ensure his childs saftey, and pointed out the kid might not be as lucky next time. But judging by the fact that the kid was then playing alone on the beach beside the sea, a good 500 yards from the parents 10 minutes later I doubt itt had any effect.

I just couldn't believe it, I mean even if the kid didn't understand English he must heave understood my tone the 1st time when I told him off, yes me not his parents) Then when we were eating and 1 minute the kid was there the next I felt Ben tense to discover the eyelash pulling incident.

Gee I was angry.

We even discussed it with the bar man later who said that after we went inside (because of midges!!) another couple complained that the kid was running wild
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by fonz View Post
I don't know how you kept your temper, I feel like blowing my top just reading your message!
You and me both!

Originally Posted by Sal View Post
I would have been tempted to tread on his fingers under the table
Agree totally! I'd have stamped on his fingers or kicked him and said 'oh, I didn't realise you were under there'

Good on Ben for being so patinet. Wonder what will happen to the next poor dog that gets abused by this brat under the watchful eyes of his idiotic parents and the dog retaliates.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Lynne, thanks to your fabulous training, Ben is a beautifully behaved dog. Like many, I dread to think what will (and let's face it, it probably will) happen to this child when he picks on a less tolerant dog.

Well done Ben! x0x0x

As for the parents........ I'm pretty speechless!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Well done Ben, and well done you for keeping your temper. I wouldn't have been able to.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr horrible child
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 12:58 PM
That's shocking, what idiots. Well done Ben I have to say, I'm sure many a dog would not of been so patient, not that I wold blame them. It makes you wonder sometimes about these "unprovoked " attacks on children. Don't get me wrong it must be awful to have your child attacked by a dog, but there are some horror kids around, god only knows what some of them get up to!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Lynne, thanks to your fabulous training, Ben is a beautifully behaved dog. Like many, I dread to think what will (and let's face it, it probably will) happen to this child when he picks on a less tolerant dog.

Well done Ben! x0x0x

As for the parents........ I'm pretty speechless!
dito, great post vicki,
I have to say I dont get much problems with kids near my dogs {coz there rotties} but after reading that Im kind of glad, I dont know how well my lot would hold up with that kind of punishment, I hope I never find out,

well done ben, stuart and lynne, I would have lost it compleatly,,,,can you imagine,,
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 06:19 PM
oh my god, good boy Ben. I would of done the same as you hun, only thing i might of added was oh i am sorry i should muzzel my dog. ( so if i come upto you and pull your ears and eyes and blow in them you would take that and be happy about a complete stranger.. No you would smack the person in the mouth so dont tell me what to do with my well behaved dog when you cant control your child..... then i would of walked of.... sorry that made me so made.

hope you all ok know hun
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >