Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous
I always reach for the strongest pain killers I can find as soon as there is any sign of pain and I keep taking them till it's gone...lol...that usually does the trick!
That's me, I practically live of painkillers espcially for the first 3 days

I get anemic aswell, and the cramps usually make me throw up, and then my mate (A MAN) has the cheek to say what am I whinging about!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 02:02 PM
wow, I have so much sympathy with you...my periods are awful, totally awful, thanks to my mild endometriosis...apparently if it was bad it would have killed my nerve endings off and so it wouldn't hurt! Whilst I'm sure exercise etc helps, when I'm at my worst, I can't actually stand up straight which makes it a bit difficult...
Feminax are fantastic, have you tried them?????? If they don't get rid of the pain they ,make you sleep til it's gone anyway!!!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 02:03 PM
Try the Cura Heat packs. You can get them from any chemist. They're air activated and sticky backed so you can put them on your tum, on top of your knickers though not on bare skin. That way you can have the heat on you and still move about. They're sticky backed and last 12 hours, work wonders!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by Inca
have not had them for years ..periods that is

but i used to have really hot baths but found moving around better for me

God Inca you lucky sod - I hate them and wish I didn't get them I used to be really ill for about 3 days with them when I was younger but now find Ibuprofen really helps me so they aren't as painful.

What about getting one of those Tens machines - I think argos sell them now - they use them for women in labour so they might just help
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by random
In a way I will be so glad when they are all over Maybe I should just go get everything whipped out now, I don't need no more kids, I can just get more dogs!

Yes I thought of that but I don't think they will take everything out unless they have to so you still get periods even when you have been sterilised don't you
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by Ailsa1
wow, I have so much sympathy with you...my periods are awful, totally awful, thanks to my mild endometriosis...apparently if it was bad it would have killed my nerve endings off and so it wouldn't hurt! Whilst I'm sure exercise etc helps, when I'm at my worst, I can't actually stand up straight which makes it a bit difficult...
Feminax are fantastic, have you tried them?????? If they don't get rid of the pain they ,make you sleep til it's gone anyway!!!!
Thats me I can't stand up right I have been on feminax and they just made me sleep! lol
sambo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2006, 02:13 PM
I feel for you i really do it is the worse pain next to giving birth of course lol. i have always been told stomach exercises are great and it used to work for me i dont have periods no more thank god due to the injection and luckily it suits me great no pain pmt nothing
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 02:18 PM
sleep good..........
but then not that good when you have a life....
hmmmmm...........
hot water bottle strapped to my back.....can help....
ummmmm........
honestly, feminax are the only things that have helped me at all and even then they don't work every month.
I don't know how old you are, but it may be worth asking your doc to investigate, if you also have endo, they may be able to do something about it, I'd ask to be referred to a gynoc, ultimately, if your periods are totally destroying your life for a week out of every 4, then they should be willing to help in whatever way they can....I get so fed up of having to put a brave face on it and even other women raising their eyebrows as if to say' it's only period pain'.....arghhhhhhh. It isn't ONLY anything...it's awful!!!!! I'd insit on being referred by your GP if I were you.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 02:21 PM
you know what...when I had my son I had an elective c section as he was a transverse lie...BUT i was having contractions in the few days before ( I was in hospital and strapped up to a monitor every few hours...) I was experiencing 40% contractions, and they were a mere tickle compared to my period cramps...even my post op pain was no worse than my period pains I have to say and my section was complicated....I am not overexaggerating
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond
Try the Cura Heat packs. You can get them from any chemist. They're air activated and sticky backed so you can put them on your tum, on top of your knickers though not on bare skin. That way you can have the heat on you and still move about. They're sticky backed and last 12 hours, work wonders!
fankyou will try those
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >