Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Escapee and a PHEW!!!!!!

Got down to the fields this morning, glanced as we passed to go to the farm and suddenly Marie shouts '''''thats jimmy'''''

Well she got that right, but he wasn't in our field he'd got out gone through the woods and was paying a visit to carolines ponies

OK panic Mr Mannering...we spun back to where our field was and I decided to try something (in the meantime Jeff the farmer was giving me a call to say he was out) so I walked halfway into the woods and shouted top of my voice

JIMMYYYYYYYYY COME ON SWEETPEA

The sudden onset of cracking twigs and the sound of galloping hooves told me he was on his way ...but I couldnt see from where

Suddenly out he came flying past me and out into where our field is

well he got ponynuts, praise and a ''good boy'' after he went back in........recall brill then
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Thank goodness Marie spotted him and you've taught him a good (more than good) recall, JC loves his Mum x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Thank goodness Marie spotted him and you've taught him a good (more than good) recall, JC loves his Mum x
thankfully I think he does
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 08:12 PM
I think its time for some more piccies Steph!

he's a character and certainly is keeping you on your toes but a recall whoop!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
I think its time for some more piccies Steph!

he's a character and certainly is keeping you on your toes but a recall whoop!
Tell you the truth hun, the woods were dappled due to the sun which has been wonderful today, when I heard him coming...and not seeing him...I was bricking it thankfully he knew where I was as he galloped passed

I will update some photos...promise
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2011, 07:43 PM
COMING ON

I must get Marie to take some pictures, as Jimmychoo is now allowing me to stroke his face.

Finally the hard work, feelings of getting no-where and the ignoring me times are coming together
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 11:57 AM
That's wonderful progress, hope you get some photos soon x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
That's wonderful progress, hope you get some photos soon x
I will as he is doing well now xxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 06:43 AM
The Pony took the ''michael''

Getting a head collar on....................
Well plan A with sedation failed not surprising really as I did tell the vet that JC had learnt over years that he needs to survive by being alert (just incase someone came to use him as meat) but she insisted on a 3ml dose.
Well after failure with that we were told to double the dose, so yesterday armed with apple and the 6ml dose we waited....and waited...and waited for 3 bl**dy hours

Marie and I fighting sleep......JC was still up and walking in dispair I lay on the floor Marie scratching her head and muttering away about '''''''little git'''''''''' when low and behold JC lay down right by my side...........

I was there ...creep forward ..... make a move......... just need that rope..........

Talk about ''''Who's the Donkey then''''
He rolled over, in a victory roll, stood up snorted in my face a lovely load of snot and walked away 3 guesses who was still on the floor

So Marie decided to walk all nonchalant along the one side of the field, slowly turning to guide him towards the gate, where I would be waiting (again nonchalant ) ready with the rope and headcollar....... sounded like a plan well Im thinking Marie should of told JC our plan as off she goes, chilled and singing......so JC walked over the otherside of the field just behind the marshland and stood ''nodding'' his head in approval of Maries walk......as he stood watching her

So we have made a small fenced off area by the gate to trap him.......last time we tried this he took the fencing with him, but hopefully this time it will be too hard to do that......... anyway as we are working away JC comes over and planted a big sloppy kiss on my face, nibbled my leg and nudged my bum

and Marie still mutttering ''little git''

you just gotta love him

So plan C today folks
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Just caught up with the thread Steph.

Amazing he is coming on so well. I think eventually the head collar will go on look at what you can do now that you did not dream you would be doing in the beginning.

He is doing things very much on his terms but thats ok he has learnt to trust you. Now he is having a little game with you. After all he cannot lose all his street cred.
Page 14 of 15 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 >