View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Awww bet you miss him loads AM, but 5 weeks will soon pass, and then you'll be sorry you said all this maybe???!!!!

I love being home alone all day, but I don't think I'd fancy it overnight, being alone I mean, although I'll probably be doing that when I go up to our caravan with the dogs,but I can't say I like it much.

I only like having Dave around in the daytime when we're on holiday, and then I miss him terribly when we're back home and he has to go off to work, but that soon passes , and I get used to being on my own again, coz I like my own company with the doglets, and I can please myself what I get up to, which isn't much. 20 years of having him by your side at home is a very long time, coz although we'll be on our 29th anniversary this year, we've always gone our different ways most of the daytimes, but never at night, only once or twice I think in all that time

I hope you're not too lonely, but you can't possibly be with those gorgeous dogs of yours, one to cuddle and one to protect you, what more could a girl wish for!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by montysmum View Post
Try to think of the positives -

Having ALL of the bed to yourself
Only have to shave your legs at weekends
Able to slob about in your tattiest pj's and underwear
Having complete control of the TV remote

That make you feel any better?
That made me laugh!!

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Awww bet you miss him loads AM, but 5 weeks will soon pass, and then you'll be sorry you said all this maybe???!!!!

I love being home alone all day, but I don't think I'd fancy it overnight, being alone I mean, although I'll probably be doing that when I go up to our caravan with the dogs,but I can't say I like it much.

I only like having Dave around in the daytime when we're on holiday, and then I miss him terribly when we're back home and he has to go off to work, but that soon passes , and I get used to being on my own again, coz I like my own company with the doglets, and I can please myself what I get up to, which isn't much. 20 years of having him by your side at home is a very long time, coz although we'll be on our 29th anniversary this year, we've always gone our different ways most of the daytimes, but never at night, only once or twice I think in all that time

I hope you're not too lonely, but you can't possibly be with those gorgeous dogs of yours, one to cuddle and one to protect you, what more could a girl wish for!:grin:
Aye, you may be right, when he's in my feet again I'll probably be muttering lol It's true it is lovely to have the dogs all to myself in a big fur-fest cuddle

25yrs together is ages, wow, you must love him H!!

Thanks everyone, you've cheered me up
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2010, 03:38 PM
... 29 AM, not 25, that was yeeeears ago the 25 one, oh I remember it well, Paris...... and we did nothing but argue coz of the c*ap hotel!!!!! and yes, he was definitely my soulmate and still is!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Awww...AM, it's a nightmare isn't it? OH works from home here too and I'd be the same as you are if he suddenly wasn't here during the day. Glad the others have cheered you up though xxxxx
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Aww, Anne-Marie! It'll worth it all in the end.

I must be the opposite of you. I cannot wait to move out and have my own house, with just me and the dogs.....absolute bliss! The dogs will be with their granpa while I'm at work though, just as they are just now, so they'll be just fine! But I do love the peace and quiet of being home alone. As long as I've got my dogs, I'm happy.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 12:39 PM
I know how you feel, my hubby and I worked together 24/7 for 20 years. Since we have moved over here he has had to go back and forth to the UK to work, a month at a time, or thereabouts, sometimes longer. Not only do I miss him terribly but I live in quite a remote area with no live-in neighbours nearby - it wasn't meant to be like this! having said that though it's lovely when he gets home. It makes you value what you've got to be honest.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2