Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
same for me and i was terrified!

not had any problems and i'm very happy with it!
Thanks guys, but the reason I'm worried about the GA is because I'm 27 stone and I'm worried about the anaesthetic being so overweight
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
I have been wondering about these?!?
Do you have to have them fitted on private? What has made you decide to have it done?
I do not now much about them but would be interested to learn from both personal and occupational POV......
I'm having mine done on the NHS but if I have to wait too long for it I may have to go private as in my situation it may turn to cancer due to my age and situation.

I've got to have it done as I'm getting irregular bleeding and the last Period I had was a Period from hell. My scan showed I have lots of cystic spaces (don't ask me what that means either but it's not good). I've got endometrium and suggestive hyperplasia (don't ask me what that means as I don't understand it, but again it's not good.)
29slipper
New Member!
Female 

21-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Hi, I have had two fitted and they have been great. If anyone is having one fitted not under GA then my tip is to take two paracetamol just before and take 2 Nurophen straight away afterwards. I didn't the first time and had to go to bed with horrendous stomach ache for half a day. The second time with the tablets was much better.
Also I recommended the Mirena to a friend who has bad periods and it didn't stop her horrendous bleeding at all. Everyone else I know with a Mirena doesn't have any bleeding at all though.
littlewolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Are you having the ga specifically for this as that is highly unusual, and especially with your weight i'd have expected they would want to avoid a GA?

I've not had the mirena, but did have a copper coil. Not the most pleasant thing to have in, but worth it.

The one thing I do know is that I know of 2 girls in my dept who have got pregnant with the mirena in situ!
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
Are you having the ga specifically for this as that is highly unusual, and especially with your weight i'd have expected they would want to avoid a GA?

I've not had the mirena, but did have a copper coil. Not the most pleasant thing to have in, but worth it.

The one thing I do know is that I know of 2 girls in my dept who have got pregnant with the mirena in situ!
I'm not just having a Mirena fitted but I'm also having a Hysteroscopy and a scrape that's why I'm having a GA.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2