Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LindsayP
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2013, 03:25 PM

Another cat thread...

...fortunately less traumatic than the one involving Tom & Bella.
I posted last summer about the neighbours over friendly cat and its inability to grasp that Maggie & Reg wanted to eat it!

Hadn't seen hide nor hair of said kitty all winter, until it turned up in my lounge this morning
Kitty had come in through an open bedroom window then tottered down the stairs to say hi!

I'm having my morning coffee, catching up online, when OH shouts "CAT, CAT" I'm wondering what on earth he's blathering on about when a white furball comes charging past me with Maggie & Reg in hot pursuit.
I scream a rather hysterical "LEAVE IT" and they did! they stopped still, Kitty did a U turn back into the lounge and they just watched him go.
I gave the dogs a biscuit each which they took into the lounge and settled down to eat...completely ignoring the cat!
OH hands Kitty to me, so I knelt down with him, Maggie came over and had a good sniff, Reg is more concerned with hunting for crumbs that Mags might have dropped.
I take Kitty outside, the dogs follow (just watching, only vaguely interested) and deposit him back on the fence!

Gave Maggie & Reg a big fuss for being so accommodating to our visitor, could've been so much worse
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Aw well done dogs I guess some cats just aren't scared of dogs, silly thing might get a nasty surprise if it gets in to the wrong house though
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by LindsayP View Post
...fortunately less traumatic than the one involving Tom & Bella.
I posted last summer about the neighbours over friendly cat and its unability to grasp that Maggie & Reg wanted to eat it!

Hadn't seen hide nor hair of said kitty all winter, until it turned up in my lounge this morning
Kitty had come in through an open bedroom window then tottered down the stairs to say hi!

I'm having my morning coffee, catching up online, when OH shouts "CAT, CAT" I'm wondering what on earth he's blathering on about when a white furball comes charging past me with Maggie & Reg in hot pursuit.
I scream a rather hysterical "LEAVE IT" and they did! they stopped still, Kitty did a U turn back into the lounge and they just watched him go.
I gave the dogs a biscuit each which they took into the lounge and settled down to eat...completely ignoring the cat!
OH hands Kitty to me, so I knelt down with him, Maggie came over and had a good sniff, Reg is more concerned with hunting for crumbs that Mags might have dropped.
I take Kitty outside, the dogs follow (just watching, only vaguely interested) and deposit him back on the fence!

Gave Maggie & Reg a big fuss for being so accommodating to our visitor, could've been so much worse
Hi That is really something that your dogs listen, because if a dog gets into the zone they become a bit deaf,just like OH when watching football crystalgirl
LindsayP
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Aw well done dogs I guess some cats just aren't scared of dogs, silly thing might get a nasty surprise if it gets in to the wrong house though
I know!, although the window remained open and the cat did not try it a second time, maybe he's learning.
LindsayP
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by crystalgirl View Post
Hi That is really something that your dogs listen, because if a dog gets into the zone they become a bit deaf,just like OH when watching football crystalgirl
Lol, they don't usually listen to me, I suspect they're secretly quite fond of this cat but just felt they should make some kind of 'token gesture' to see it off!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Thank goodness for a happy outcome this time!

If that had happened here, the cat would be dead and Jimmi would have many more scars on his head.......he has enough already
LindsayP
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Thank goodness for a happy outcome this time!

If that had happened here, the cat would be dead and Jimmi would have many more scars on his head.......he has enough already
To be honest I was expecting something similar, if they see a cat whilst out walking all hell breaks loose.