View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 11:09 AM
lol why oh why did you bring up the food subject. I cant eat for a while now, got a dentist appointment at 12.40 for my wisdom tooth to be taken out and then wont be able to eat for at least a few hours after that. im soooooo hungry lol
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Well 'one' of my favourites is an old one, My Dad used to cook for us when we were kids.

Boiled Bacon joint, ( you make pea wack with the juices and if you boil it long enough pieces fall off so you have lovely bits of bacon in the soup) Mashed potatoes, Lots of Spring greens, or green cabbage and onion sauce. Mmmmmm lovely. and the pea wack lasts for a few days so nice soup for lunches with crusty bread.

Elaine xx

If you want the recipe for pea wack, let me know!!!
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Mmmmm this thread is making me hungry and its ages till I have to pick the kids up from school and start to think about what I'm cooking for them tonight.
My fave meals are either good old fashioned Steak, with mushrooms, onions and a jacket potato with loads of butter, cheese and sour cream.
Or Beef stew and Dumplings
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Another thing that i absolutely adore is scallops but i shouldn't really eat them as i think i have a mild allergy to them as i always end up really blotchy after eating them!!

Just can't resist them if i see them on a menu though!
Donny dog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2009, 06:52 PM
My new favourite has got to be silver hake. Gosh it's sooo tasty. Recently discovered and will be a top dish more often.

Can't beat a homemade corned beef hash though, I love it!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2