Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-08-2006, 12:46 PM

HELP Vidieos from a mob phone

Right I hope this makes some sence

As you know I have an all singing all danceing phone so I got all the gubbings to download the vids, so I managed to load them to the compter (that took a bit of time by the way ), then I downloaded them onto a cd-r Now the pigging thing is telling me it can't play the damm disk
I'm useing windows media player soooooooooooooo

PLEASE HELP ME
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by rob

As you know I have an all singing all danceing phone so I got all the gubbings to download the vids, so I managed to load them to the compter (that took a bit of time by the way ), then I downloaded them onto a cd-r Now the pigging thing is telling me it can't play the damm disk

PLEASE HELP ME
Can you usually play dvds on your computer Rob because I found that when I wanted to play a Grease movie a few months ago that it would play a video but not sound because it didn't have the right codecs or something.
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Can you usually play dvds on your computer Rob because I found that when I wanted to play a Grease movie a few months ago that it would play a video but not sound because it didn't have the right codecs or something.
I've just tried a dvd and it worked
On the file it says 3GP (whatever that is when it's at home)
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by rob

PLEASE HELP ME
I have this problem with video taken on my digital camera, it uses Quicktime as the format and so it won't play in Media Player, Foxy is right its to do with codecs. You can download something to change the codecs but I have never got that far, have a look on the Microsoft website.

I also had the problem of it takeing ages to transfer stuff from my phone to pc, but I found its loads quicker if you take the memory card out of the phone and put it in your PC card reader if it has one
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-08-2006, 01:17 PM
Although you have windoze media player Rob-it isnt automatically set up to play every type of video available.When i first started downloading 'Lost' eps from the states-i needed to download & install a 'codec' which allows media player to play certain types of video.

When you try to play the video and it dont work-it should give an error message and if you look-it should give you a link to download the relevant codec.
pamngeoff
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Rob i have a codecs prog if you want me to email it to you just give me the wire
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2006, 01:26 PM
Try downloading this free trial dvd player Rob because thats what I did and when the trial ended it left me with the codecs I needed and although I didn't have use of the dvd player any longer I still had the codecs to play my dvds on Windows Media player

http://www.newfreedownloads.com/MP3-...-PowerDVD.html
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Although you have windoze media player Rob-it isnt automatically set up to play every type of video available.When i first started downloading 'Lost' eps from the states-i needed to download & install a 'codec' which allows media player to play certain types of video.

When you try to play the video and it dont work-it should give an error message and if you look-it should give you a link to download the relevant codec.
This is what it comes up with when I try to play it ERRO ID=0x, CONDITION ID=0x00000000 (what ever that means)
It's like looking through mud
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by rob
This is what it comes up with when I try to play it ERRO ID=0x, CONDITION ID=0x00000000 (what ever that means)
It's like looking through mud
Did you download it on a CD or a DVD because I always thought Videos had to be on a DVD disc and that Cds were just for music files
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >