Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
Blimey ... have they grown fur

enjoy your walk
LOL we dont have just hairless kids.. we have puffs, JRT and a Spinone.. Plus a foster Minpin

Thanks was just a quick run on the green Infornt of the house seems that most of them couldnt be that bothered and ran back up the drive!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Can't do the quote thing that well...

"Breeders who do not care about the founding breeds and have chosen to make money instead by crossing and not telling people what they are getting. "
Yes....so the founding breeds were not cared about either - if that breeder chose not to test they did not have the best interests of the breed at heart did they!.
Elmo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
I'm sure it's prcd-PRA Test. Doesn't say on the pedigree I have on the computer just the printed out one. There is also eye testing done at shows aswell as yearly eye checks.
But do you think that only eye testing is enough? Do you not think DNA testing should be developed to cover a number of issues (as can be done for humans). What about hips? Elbows? etc etc
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 09:00 PM
But do you think that only eye testing is enough? Do you not think DNA testing should be developed to cover a number of issues (as can be done for humans). What about hips? Elbows? etc etc
DNA testing is constantly evolving, they are coming up with new tests and working towards more.
Elmo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Yes....so the founding breeds were not cared about either - if that breeder chose not to test they did not have the best interests of the breed at heart did they!.
But why would they test? The KC doesn't say they have to... they think that "years of breeding" have led to a healthy line.. so in their eyes they are probably doing nothing wrong.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

I'm sure it's prcd-PRA Test. Doesn't say on the pedigree I have on the computer just the printed out one. There is also eye testing done at shows aswell as yearly eye checks.
The yearly eye test Is one of the tests we have done and Its the prcd form of PRA they test for yearly, you can have a DNA test done for It to.. BUT you should still have It done yearly.
Elmo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
LOL we dont have just hairless kids.. we have puffs, JRT and a Spinone.. Plus a foster Minpin

Thanks was just a quick run on the green Infornt of the house seems that most of them couldnt be that bothered and ran back up the drive!
Elmo is snoring .... guess that's his exercise for the evening.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Mins don't really get their hips scored. Nor toys. I would probaly get Blu hip scored but there is no need for elbow tests so far.. I'd rather a dog who's eyes were lookd at yearly because if something did happen to develop then it's only fair to tell the puppy owners about health problems that have cropped up.
Elmo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Mins don't really get their hips scored. Nor toys. I would probaly get Blu hip scored but there is no need for elbow tests so far.. I'd rather a dog who's eyes were lookd at yearly because if something did happen to develop then it's only fair to tell the puppy owners about health problems that have cropped up.
So why then (and this isn't a criticism) was my dogs mum (and grandparents and so on) elbow and hip scored. Who defines the need?
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2010, 09:05 PM
So why then (and this isn't a criticism) was my dogs mum (and grandparents and so on) elbow and hip scored. Who defines the need?
I'm guessing they were from standard poodles? Each size has different health tests needed. Standards being the ones needing the most.
Page 24 of 53 « First < 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 > Last »