Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Alison2006
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-08-2006, 02:13 PM

Luke Died Yesterday

I had to put Luke down yesterday. He went downhill so fast from the last post I made on Tuesday. On Tuesday morning I took him to his favourite walk and sat with him in the picnic area for a while. I took loads of photos of him, one of which is posted below. He had a slight cough in the morning, but I didn't think much of it and just adjusted this tablets. He started to go downhill from about 3:30 when he woke up and suddenly had diarrhoea and got himself really upset as he couldn't make it to the garden. I rang the vet first thing yesterday and had him put down at home. It was horrible to see how the life had gone out of him completely so fast. I know I was due to have him put down on Friday as the strength in his legs had gone, but this way was such a shock.

I'd like to thank everyone for all the messages of support that they have sent me in the last few days. It has really meant alot to me.

I spent most of yesterday loading photos of Luke onto my computer and remembering all the good times we have had together.

A few of them are attached.

Luke's Last Photo on Tuesday

Minnie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-08-2006, 02:18 PM
I am so sorry to read this!
Thinking of you.

Don't forget to copy those pictures onto a disk or online photo album just incase the computer crashes. I lost so many photos of my mum when mine crashed.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 02:35 PM
So sorry to hear this news!! Thinking of you!

Run free little man!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 02:39 PM
sorry for your loss
Run Free Luke
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 02:41 PM
So sorry that you had your last couple of days with Luke snatched away, Alison. He was obviously very very special to you, and will be sorely missed. Hugs to you and yours honey. In time your tears of sadness will turn to smiles of joy as you remember your very special boy xxxx
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 02:46 PM
so sorry that you lost your last few days with luke. our thoughts are with you

sue
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 02:58 PM
You have so many happy memories to hold onto. I made up a book of photographs of my Barney who died in April this year. I find it of great comfort when I need to be with him again.
You have done the right thing to let him go, think of him now running free with the wind in his ears like the daft pup he once was.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-08-2006, 02:59 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss

Run free Luke
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-08-2006, 03:13 PM
very sorry to hear this, he was obviously ready for his trip to Rainbow Bridge. Poor lad, you will miss him, but you have done the right thing by him
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 03:20 PM
aww bless you i am so sorry to hear of your loss of your babe sending you big hugs from me and the boys.
sleep tight beautiful luke the world is yours now
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »