Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2005, 11:16 PM

Early Christmas Presents!/Hamster

Hey,

Been buying some early christmas presents for my pets I've been thinking of a new cage for Esmarelda (hammie) for a couple of days as she seemed a bit restless in her other one. So i saw this one at pets at home today and it looked perfect for her!

And here she is having a drink:

And in her tube thing! It took her about 2 hours to work that one out

Im thinking of getting another rodenty thing for the spare cage. Any suggestions of anything that stays nice and small and would be happy in Esmarelda's old cage?

And here's the other new birdie present! And its an odd one so i should probably explain. I've been wanting a smaller stand (i have a 6 foot one!!!) for my birds to have in the living room. I was looking at Java perches (specifically for parrots) but they're about £70 for a really small one! Then i saw this Cat stand thing and it was perfect!! Ok, its not for parrots. But it has a ladder, toy, places for them to perch, lots to explore! Perfect! Im planning to add some more toys and ladders for the little birds, but here's some pics of Jake on it tonight, he loves it

PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2005, 11:19 PM
great pictures
looks like they love their new goodies
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2005, 11:20 PM
wow christmas has come early for them brilliant pics and they seem to like there new prezzies
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2005, 11:25 PM
Great pictures! And lucky pets! I love the one of Esmarelda in the tunnel, she looks so cute
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2005, 11:41 PM
Yes, they loved them!

Jake is finally asleep after spending most of the evening climbing and hanging from his new toy!

Esmarelda seems much happier. As you can see on the pics she's hurt her nose from chewing the bars of her old cage so much! She's not done that at all now as theres so much to investigate! And she's got TWO wheels now! Hammie heaven!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2005, 07:13 AM
Lovely pics. How about a rat for your other cage? They are extremely intelligent and make great pets
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2005, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Vicki But the other cage is about half the size of Esmarelda's new one so would be to small for a rat I'd love one though! I really wanted something that would stay very tiny..
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2005, 08:36 PM
What about a Roboroskvi hamster - they are fine in smaller cages although they are very fast and a bit neurotic - cute though. Or a Russian hamster - they don't grow very big either. Only get one though because pets at home always tell you to get two but they always end up fighting unless they are male and female and then they breed. I always took their advice and got two but always ended up separating them once they matured because they fought a lot.

This is the Roboroskvi hamster

And this is a Russian

And this is another Russian

Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2005, 09:58 PM
ooh, i like the Roboroskvi!! Do places like pets at home have those ones as i dont think i've ever seen them anywhere!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica
ooh, i like the Roboroskvi!! Do places like pets at home have those ones as i dont think i've ever seen them anywhere!

Yes thats where I have always got my Robbies from. They are well cute but very fast little things and quite mad. Russians are a bit more laid back. I don't get the Roboroski out of the cage but the Russians come out in the playball (they do mini ones for Dwarf hamsters) and have a good run around.