View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 04:01 PM
My two started on Bakers complete, but whoa were they hyper!

Now they have Burns kibble down all the time to help themselves, and have a tin of Chappie between then in the mornings sometimes.

Must say since being on Burns the poops are a lot smaller, less crap going in means less crap coming out I presume!
I wasn't keen on it's multicolur look either.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Yes the face in the top is happier, healthier and fed on bakers

I am not saying its for everyone and no doubt It will be crap for a lot of dogs, the same as some of the other fancy type dietsl.
I am stopping this as I get dizzy from going round in circles.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post

I am not saying its for everyone and no doubt It will be crap for a lot of dogs, the same as some of the other fancy type dietsl.
Stormey, thanks for that my friend one of the most expensive feeds I tried was Science Plan £45 a bag, recommended by my vets, I wonder if it was because they sold it in their practice.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 04:25 PM
As I said,

I am not saying, would you like this curry or your dog food they would always opt for the curry. But if I offered two similar type foods and they had a prefence, I would go with that aslong as it caused no ill affects. All of which I did post but you must have missed.
Sorry, I would say there was more goodness in the curry
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by jess View Post
Thanks Mal, someone is on my side today.
Glad your here, I might have gotten an infraction otherwise. You have calmed me....
Good.......... Infractions are no fun

As I said,
I am not saying, would you like this curry or your dog food they would always opt for the curry. But if I offered two similar type foods and they had a prefence, I would go with that aslong as it caused no ill affects. All of which I did post but you must have missed.
So if the choice were curry or dog food, you would responsibly give dog food......that's good.

But what if the choice was good dog food or bad dog food ? Why do you choose to disbelieve that bad dog food exists, just because it's what your dog likes ?

Crap food is crap food for ALL dogs, not just some, just the same as unhealthy human food is bad for ALL humans, even though from the outside you cannot tell

Because a dog 'looks' seemingly happy doesn't mean they are healthy hun, just like a herd of happy children in McDonalds : they may be happy, but not necessarily healthy

I think a healthy diet for a dog is the same for us. Everything is fine in moderation. I eat crisps and crap and so do my children, but as treats, not as a main diet, and I wouldn't dream of feeding my children on burgers and smarties, the same as I wouldnt feed a dog on wholly Bakers or Tinned food, but a little of everything is good and also gives variety.

My boy loves a bit of Chappie now and again, so he gets it, but it's not his main diet, my dogs are fed a healthy, maintenance diet that gives them everthing they need, not just tastes good and keeps them happy
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Good.......... Infractions are no fun

So if the choice were curry or dog food, you would responsibly give dog food......that's good.

But what if the choice was good dog food or bad dog food ? Why do you choose to disbelieve that bad dog food exists, just because it's what your dog likes ?
As I said, no ill affects, if I gave the choice and he chose the bad food and that caused ill affects, then he would go on the good food.

Crap food is crap food for ALL dogs, not just some, just the same as unhealthy human food is bad for ALL humans, even though from the outside you cannot tell

Because a dog 'looks' seemingly happy doesn't mean they are healthy hun, just like a herd of happy children in McDonalds : they may be happy, but not necessarily healthy

I think a healthy diet for a dog is the same for us. Everything is fine in moderation. I eat crisps and crap and so do my children, but as treats, not as a main diet, and I wouldn't dream of feeding my children on burgers and smarties, the same as I wouldnt feed a dog on wholly Bakers or Tinned food, but a little of everything is good and also gives variety.

My boy loves a bit of Chappie now and again, so he gets it, but it's not his main diet, my dogs are fed a healthy, maintenance diet that gives them everthing they need, not just tastes good and keeps them happy
Have a look at the picture, not only happy, he looks healthier, he is getting more shape in his head, his eyes are no longer sunk, you can no longer see every bone there is.
But I forget, you know everyones dogs better than their owners.
Are you trying to say my dogs are not fed a healthy, maintenance diet? I did say i was not getting dragged into this, a good troll always gets their way.

Also a child maybe happy but they wouldnt look healthy.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 04:35 PM
''a good troll always gets their way.''

???????????????????Are you accusing Malady of being a troll?
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 04:39 PM
As I said, no ill affects, if I gave the choice and he chose the bad food and that caused ill affects, then he would go on the good food.

Have a look at the picture, not only happy, he looks healthier, he is getting more shape in his head, his eyes are no longer sunk, you can no longer see every bone there is.
But I forget, you know everyones dogs better than their owners.
Are you trying to say my dogs are not fed a healthy, maintenance diet? I did say i was not getting dragged into this, a good troll always gets their way.

Also a child maybe happy but they wouldnt look healthy.
SO you're a Paediatrician now ??

Oh Please...........I'm not a Troll and you know it I have made very valid points and your only argument is to get defensive and plead that I am a Troll

No-one could tell from those 2 photos, as they are taken in different lights, from different angles, with your dog making different expressions, therefore impossible to tell.

No I dont know anyones dogs better than them, but I do know what goes into different dog foods, as I have done my research, which entails more than asking my dog or looking on a label

And yes, I am saying that by feeding your dogs on Tinned all the time or Bakers all the time, your dogs arent fed a healthy 'balanced' maintenance diet, IMO, as I said, I've done my research
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Malady is energetic in her posts as she genuinly cares about the health of dogs, I think it's good to remember that... otherwise if she weren't interested she would give up!
I tried by pm Malady, but I think he is happy, and I think it is fair that if he knows and he is happy that we have to accept that. That is why luckily we all have a choice in the matter.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2008, 04:47 PM
SO you're a Paediatrician now ??

Oh Please...........I'm not a Troll and you know it I have made very valid points and your only argument is to get defensive and plead that I am a Troll

No-one could tell from those 2 photos, as they are taken in different lights, from different angles, with your dog making different expressions, therefore impossible to tell.

No I dont know anyones dogs better than them, but I do know what goes into different dog foods, as I have done my research, which entails more than asking my dog or looking on a label

And yes, I am saying that by feeding your dogs on Tinned all the time or Bakers all the time, your dogs are not fed a healthy maintenance diet, IMO, as I said, I've done my research
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response.
1, If the cap fits, and this one is perfect.

2, Also who the hell are you to say my dogs are fed healthy maintenance diet.

3, You must be the only one who cant tell the difference, I mean 2 you and your little "buddy". He weight on the o so wonderful better foods, 27kg, he had trouble walking causing him to wet himself a few times as he had trouble standing, let alone running, playing, jumping. Weight now is 32.5, he is running, playing is very active all this on a crap food. So now I suggest you stop trolling and get a life.
Page 11 of 19 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »