Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by Kalasin View Post
Had this last week too when we were out on the Salisbury Plain. Just[Home] pulled up in the car and this lovely little spaniel ran over as I was putting my wellies on. Gave her a little pet and stood up and this woman yelled "I'll beat you when you get back!!!" So I shouted over, "It's okay she's just saying hello, you'll probably have mine over there in a minute." then let my lot out of the car. In the meantime the spaniel had gone back to the owner and she was holding it by the scruff off the neck so the front feet were off the ground hitting it with the lead so it yelped it's horrible!

-hugs-
It's a problem in that people think it's so OK that they are not embarrassed to abuse a dog in public, this is what gets me!

It can be reported, although it may be one word against another. Using a camera phone may help.

Dog wardens may keep an eye out and perhaps have a word... even if nothing else is done.

Horrid to witness though,

Wys
x
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Makes you feel so helpless
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Very upsetting I agree. Saw a man with a small Black Lab once who dragged it by its lead, through the air, with all four feet off the ground for a few feet.

Horrible to witness and if Jamie had been with me or if I had my personal attack alarm then I would have gone and had a few words with him.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 05:09 PM
I know just how you feel, sadly.

Last Summer I was out walking my two before work one Saturday morning and over the grassy bit at the park I saw this junkie scum hold a Staffie by its harness and beat it with a leather lead. It screamed with every lash and it will haunt me for the rest of my lfie.

I ended in tears and ran screaming at him to stop, he did and then walked away. I really wanted to take the dog off him but he was a junkie and could well have had a knife or something. It was about 7.30am in the morning as well so not many folk about.

I reported him to the SSPCA but I don't know whether it did any good or not.

It's not a nice thing to witness and really makes me feel physically sick.

Some people deserve putting down and animal beaters and abusers are one of them.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2