Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Well I don't hav a 2.2 in animal behaviour from Plymouth Uni
Is a 2:2 grade what people consider as 'scraping a pass'? It's a reasonable grade. However, unless Adam can enlighten further, the degree in question has very little to do with dog training/behaviour.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
WW/Taassle

The thing with the body language (e;g focused v stress) is that its highly subjected and likely to be manipulated to what people want to believe.

An example Most of the anti ceasr people say the dogs in his vids display frightened body language.
However I have never seen any independant scientific backing for this.
What seems to happen a lot is that the reward based dog training world takes the bits of science they like and utilises it for their own means and dismisses the bits they don't like.

Adam
again....methinks you need to open a new barrel Adam - the one you are scraping is well and truly empty!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
anyone got a photo of dog doing a down trained in a kinder way? It might help Adam to see what is being said.

Unfortunately, I've never got the hang of posting photos
No food rewards were used in the making of this picture....

...nor were the dogs held down or forced into the positions....in fact...was just me....asking nicely...with my camera! IN fact...only one is wearing a collar!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Is a 2:2 grade what people consider as 'scraping a pass'? It's a reasonable grade. However, unless Adam can enlighten further, the degree in question has very little to do with dog training/behaviour.
Yes a 2.2 is actually a third, had it been a first I doubt it would have made much difference to Adam's training ability.
He clearly has no natural affinity with dogs and lacks empathy, he is in the wrong job.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Yes a 2.2 is actually a third, had it been a first I doubt it would have made much difference to Adam's training ability.
He clearly has no natural affinity with dogs and lacks empathy, he is in the wrong job.
Nope, a third is a third

The grades run:

First
2:1
2:2
Third
Fail

I can understand a Third being classed as 'scraping through', but not a 2:2 which is generally classed as reasonable.

However, the Plymouth degree has very little to do with dog training and behaviour so shouldn't really be used to promote services within this field.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 06:39 PM
sit stay

Down stay

A stay under pressure!

All trained with food, but no food used here, cos they know what to do!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 06:40 PM
...ok ok lol il take Tupacs down off..think i need a new 'tool'
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
his down is fabby!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
At least he's not rolling around on his back going "woo! woo! woo!" with his legs running in the air. That's how Rupert did a down stay at class I wish I had a video of it to show.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 08:47 PM

no food, and this is the camera on zoom with me a significat distance away

little point in posting it tho because adam really seems to have no empathy for dogs, cannot tell a happy grin from a grimace, cannot tell relaxed from cowering

I so pity the dogs he trains, and his pets - he will never have that connection with the lab in the first photo because he does not see the pain in the 2nd photo

So very sad - dog training should be more regualted so people with at least a little empathy with the animals they are training got to be trainers - and not those who read books but dont understand
Closed Thread
Page 53 of 71 « First < 3 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 63 > Last »