Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
I've just come back from walking our 2 and on the way back on the other side of the road was a young girl with a lovely looking Husky type dog,the dog looked young as well, and the girl looked to be about 8 years old and on her own, its not that busy by us, but it didn't seem right to me that she should be out with the dog on her own.
Your right ...dont agree with that at all!!

Firstly I wouldnt let an 8 yr old out by herself anyway, let alone with a dog who might get her in a dangerous situation
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Your right ...dont agree with that at all!!

Firstly I wouldnt let an 8 yr old out by herself anyway, let alone with a dog who might get her in a dangerous situation
Ditto. Other parents eh?

I let Hannah, who is five hold Loki's lead to the park. He is really good for her. She is a natural with dogs, too. I wouldn't let her hold Rio yet as she is a bit bouncy and daft. My son, Sam, who is nine is totally unaware of everything around him! I'm trying to get him involved with training Rio, but so far he's useless and I wouldn't trust him to hold a lead just yet. I took him to puppy class so he could help train Rio, but he was asking her to do things and then not giving her the treat for ages. I explained that he had to give it straight away and he said ' but her mouth is all dribbly'. He also said he would never have a dog because you have to clean up poo. I think Hannah will get into junior handling though, she's not squeamish. If Rio pees on the floor she puts kitchen paper on it. Bless.

So, after my long and rambling answer...depends on the dog and child.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-12-2008, 05:42 PM
My Oh just came in from work, and she has seen the dog being walked by a young lad of about 10 as well, and the dog pulls him all over the place, and doesn't seem to be trained, so not much parental responsibility there by the sound of it.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3