View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2004, 11:13 AM
I can't believe that happened to your OH and dog. I guess the law felt that they were excessive. Makes me mad. If you break into someone's house, you get what you get...
Tessa
Dogsey Junior

22-09-2004, 01:33 PM
My own view and maybe shared or not is that there are to many groups or as my mother would call them (do gooders) who feel that each individual is capable of re-habilitation. I am afraid I do not agree.

Since the Human Rights Act came in I do feel in some cases it has just got worse. Do convicted criminals have the right to a reasonable standard of life, taking into account that they are locked up.

Would bringing back the death penality be a deterrent. I'm not sure. Barbara may be able to speak with more authority living in the USA. I was watching a program the other night on why there were so many serial killers in the USA. Although some states still have the death penality I think but forgive if i'm wrong in that the death penality in a majority of the states has long since gone.

Would it therefore do the trick if it were brought back in which I suspect will never happen. What are your views.

Tessa
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2004, 04:21 PM
A friend of our recently let his dog out for a wee(it's a ridgeback)the dog started growling and all hell broke lose..there was a lad in his garden trying to break into his car,the dog attacked him and friend let the dog go for about a minute..the lad was quite bloodied so friend then told him to get off his property..he's now moved out of his house for fear that the dog may get put down for guarding his property..so wrong i think btw my mum lives in tenerife,and there was a spate of break ins...mum came home and there were fingerprints all over patio doors,they called the police who arrived in 5 mins,took fingerprints and told them they knew who it was and he would be arrested. they then told mum that if a n intruder was on their balcony again to push them off..if they die from their injurys then tough luck.mum was astounded and told them if she did that in the uk she would end up in prison..they were horrified,that here we cannot protect our property
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4