Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
veronicapb9
New Member!
Female 

17-11-2010, 03:19 AM

Puppy's dry and peeled scrotum.

I have a 9 month old Labrador who was born with no tail and yesterday i noticed 2 red/pink spots on his testies. The weather here has been very dry these days and his scrotum is dry too. There is no pus, just the red spots. I took him to the vet last week and they told me there was no infection. He already took all his shots. My puppy spends a lot of time inside the house and there is carpet all over. When he is is chewing a bone, his testicles are most of the time touching the carpet so I thought maybe it was just a rug burn but i'm worried about him. What could it be?
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 06:44 AM
Sorry, can't help, but I think I would have those taken off! I assume you aren't going to breed from him with his deformity so can't see any reason to keep them.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-11-2010, 07:12 AM
Ouch!!. Title made me wince...
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
Sorry, can't help, but I think I would have those taken off! I assume you aren't going to breed from him with his deformity so can't see any reason to keep them.
Would agree, with a dog with a spinal deformity - get him neutered.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Hi Veronica welcome to Dogsey. How long have the spots been there, are they a recent thing .
If you took the puppy to the vets last week I guess the puppy has had the spots for at least a number of days and the vet wasn't concerned?

When you say 'spots' and then mention 'rug burns' I am not sure if you are talking about small spots as with a rash or larger red areas of skin. Has your carpet been recently cleaned with any substance.
Can you try to post a photograph of the spots?

Is the weather dry and hot , it is important to make sure you puppy has constant access to fresh water to prevent dehydration which can cause concentrated urine and a skin rash where the urine has splashed up and burnt the skin.

Agree with the others about neutering where there is a deformity in that area.