Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mango
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-01-2006, 06:42 PM

Help to configure router please!

I have a Belkin F5D7633 UK 4A wireless router and been trying for the last 48 hours to configure it to the desk top.
No software CD given for instillation any help or ideas appreciated as can't get through to technical support.

Thanks
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Hi Chris, I bought a Belkin router too - YAY!!!! - although I will admit, mine is back in the box, and up in the loft!! sorry, no help at all, hope you manage to sort it
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Mango
I have a Belkin F5D7633 UK 4A wireless router and been trying for the last 48 hours to configure it to the desk top.
No software CD given for instillation any help or ideas appreciated as can't get through to technical support.

Thanks

Hi Mango,

You have got exactly the same router as me You should have had an installation disc with the router which says Belkin ADSL Modem with highspeed Mode Wireless G Router, Installation Software and Manual. Have you had a good look in the box to make sure its not there

Once you have installed the software I think it is quite easy to set up
Mango
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-01-2006, 06:55 PM
Hi Heather..........Hope that you had a good birthday, did you get my pm and card link?

Thanks for the info about it being in the loft :smt037 :smt037 :smt005

Chris x
Mango
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Thanks Foxy,

Another question please, are you saying the software is on the ADSL modem with high speed mode wireless G router disc as I have that disc, unless I've missed something there appears to be just a 94 page user manual on how to configure it, not very clear.

Hope that you are feeling ok now?

Chris x
Scottish Mags
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-01-2006, 07:02 PM
I have wired Belkin Router which was a pain to do ..this was to wire the 2 desktop computers upstairs. You are given a disc which isnt much help but the technicak help over the phone is fine.
When we got the laptops we had to get a Belkin Wirless Router. That came with a disc and was easy to set up. The 2 computers (Laptops were done in 1/2 hour. Your comp or Laptop must be wi-fi or have an ethernet card fitted .
Make sure you have all the parts and technical help is available but you do have to wait and wait.
I tried to do my friends but she didnt have an ethernet card in her Desktop so needed that. Also her laptop wasnt wi-fi.
Read all your manuals and see if you have all the bits. Are you trying to wireless a desktop to a Laptop ?
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2006, 07:11 PM
Hi Heather..........Hope that you had a good birthday, did you get my pm and card link?
Thanks for the info about it being in the loft :smt037 :smt037 :smt005
Chris x
Thanks Chris, my birthday was just fine!! not very glam (stripping out the living room), but the new carpet was worth it That's a good point from Scot Mags though - are you sure you don't need a card? - I did (that's in the loft too!! )
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-01-2006, 07:17 PM
You need to go here it has everyithing you need
http://www.belkin.com/support/downlo...A&lang=1&mode=
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Thanks Foxy,

Another question please, are you saying the software is on the ADSL modem with high speed mode wireless G router disc as I have that disc, unless I've missed something there appears to be just a 94 page user manual on how to configure it, not very clear.

Hope that you are feeling ok now?

Chris x

Hiya Chris,

Yes I have just put the disc in and it is only a 94 page user manual as you said. I think we did ours from the instructions that came with the router. Have you plugged the router in the pc that is wired to the internet? Are the lights on the router coming on at all?

I am feeling a lot better now thanks Chris
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-01-2006, 07:32 PM
If you download the flash .exe for the windows your using from the belkin site it will show you what to do.

Play it stop it play it again step by step
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >