register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2016, 04:19 PM
Had a look Lynn, she was only 52, thats awful. So many well known people going at a young age
My friend who was telling me to make golden paste also takes it. I need to get some tumeric and black pepper. I've got coconut oil as I put it in Cariad and Lona's breakfast and been giving it Zen recently whilst she's been limping. I don't like the taste or smell of curry, not sure if I'll be able to summon up enough courage to take it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2016, 04:37 PM
Do you like milkshakes ? Pop some in a nice banana milkshake or strawberry or chocolate it's ok then.
You can use a virgin olive oil instead of coconut oil I also found one where you mix turmeric black pepper needs to be the peppercorns ground to get full use of the piperine and coconut oil and roll them into balls and freeze no need for cooking just melt the coconut oil and add I will see if I can find it.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2016, 04:43 PM
I find it fascinating to see just how much electric and gas we are using. As you say it makes no difference to what you use, just pretty colours!! We were told that eventually everyone in the country will have to have them. We decided we may as well have one now, makes no difference to us.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2016, 04:59 PM
You could have a disco Nippy Jen.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2016, 05:16 PM
They can't make you Nippy, I'll be the last one in the country to have one, I suspect there's more to it than just pretty colours, they'll be able to use them for something they're not telling us about

Heres the recipe I've just been given, Lynn

1/2 cup turmeric powder (125 mls) – Use organic powder. Here are some tips to buy a good one>
1 cup water (250 mls)
1/2 cup water extra, if needed (125 mls)
1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper (7.5 mls) – We need this as turmeric is absorbed poorly in body. Piperine present in black pepper helps in its absorption. Read more here>
70 ml cold pressed Olive or Coconut oil – Adding fats is another way to increase the absorption of turmeric in body. Chose healthy oils such as virgin coconut to virgin olive oil.

Add turmeric to water in a pan. Heat gently along with stirring. Do this till you get a think paste.
This can take anything from 6 to 10 min.
If you feel your paste is watery, add some more turmeric if you feel it has become too think, add some water.
At the end — add the pepper and oil.
Keep stirring to ensure that all ingredients are mixed properly.
Allow it to cool.
One great thing about this paste is you can keep it in a jar and refrigerate it. This will ensure you can make it once and use for a few days.
Opinions vary on how long we can keep the jar, in my opinion 1-2 weeks is okay. Not more that that.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2016, 05:21 PM
i dread having to have a smart metre.....my dad will do his nut even though we will be using what we have always used
the tumeric paste is supposed to be good and it doesn't actually taste currified if that makes sense...it is quite better from what i recall....been a long while since i tasted it on it's own
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2016, 05:33 PM
That's the on I use June and yes griff it is bitter.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2016, 05:37 PM
Nope cannot find it. It was just using the turmeric pepper and melted coconut oil the rolling it into ball for the fridge and freezer.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2016, 05:58 PM
Its OK Lynn, will get a cheap pan to make it in, as I gave most of my Le Crueset stuff to youngest son, and not going to start cooking Tumeric in the couple I have left. Will have a look in Home Bargains see what they've got thats decent at the lowest possible price
Telly's awful again tonight, got a book yesterday, there's nothing out at present that I've not read, there is a writer thats quite good that I don't often read, and got one of his.
I've had a look through the TV Guide and seen a couple of things I fancy, need to iron tonight definitely, been putting it off, was going to watch Musketeers and Casualty while I did it, but no, football instead
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2016, 08:04 PM
Evening everyone,
Been out for tea tonight with hubby- very nice it was too
Lauryn went out with her best friend so I suggested to hubby we go somewhere too
We've got football on now, we were going into town for a drink but it keeps raining, and it come really hard too! Been like it all day. I pegged washing out cos it was lovely this morning then 10 mins later had to run to fetch it back in
Very sad about Caroline Aherene
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >