Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-11-2006, 03:36 PM

cocoa raided the fridge

i came home yesterday to find some tin foil on the floor, cocoa had eaten a big cooked fish bones and tinfoil.we didnt know who it was, last night i sat there and cocoa's head was hanging and low and behold she was sick tinfoil, fish, bones and butter thankfully she is ok and hopefully taught her a lesson! spaniels
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 03:46 PM
i have a freind who has a boxer that raids the fridge she has put locks on it and chairs against iy ..the dog still gets in ......
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-11-2006, 03:48 PM
we have a fridge lock but one of us had forgotten to put it on so its our fault really, i just couldnt believe it, we actually thought it was tara hunting food
Sunny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-11-2006, 03:54 PM
Eating the tin foil as well as the bones is an achievement!
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-11-2006, 03:56 PM
yep you would think she is never fed! i have never known a dog to be this way with food
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-11-2006, 04:01 PM
My next door neighbours have a choc lab called coco, she is always raiding the bin and getting things off the side, A full roast dinner was her biggest achievement.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

24-11-2006, 04:03 PM
I know the feeling well.. My old Borzoi was a very adept fridge raider. Her two litter brothers were also . Their owner told me he bought a childproof lock for the fridge and it only took them two days to figure out how to get it open. So I did not bother buying one instead I had a gold colured chain and padlocked the fridge and freezer doors, but it did not take th old girl long to figure out how to get the fridge open I came one to find she had had 1lb of butter complete with paper and half a dozen eggs four of which were
left lying broken on the floor and the other two eaten but she was not sick which really surprised me. No matter what I did she always managed to get in so when I went to buy a new fridge decided to get a fridge freezer combined and I specifically looked at ones which did not have handles think the salesman though I was a bit touched when I said Oh no that one won't do it has handles. That solved the problem and now she can't get into it.
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-11-2006, 04:12 PM
best of it is that there is no handles they must just paw at it until it gives. the childproof lock works though we can just about get into it never mind the dogs. glad your have stopped now.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

24-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by metz View Post
best of it is that there is no handles they must just paw at it until it gives. the childproof lock works though we can just about get into it never mind the dogs. glad your have stopped now.

Well she is coming up on 12years old now so I think it is about time she stopped .. I've never had any problem with any of the others just my golden oldie.
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-11-2006, 08:57 PM
see just shows the old one can be as bad