Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

31-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Emma

I agree with you, even if dogs of a certain look went extinct, people who wanted a certain accesories dog would just change onto another breed.

So from pbt, to gsd for example.

As Tupac points out the dog are not aggressive or problematic in anyway.

Adam
Maureen19
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by kristian View Post
I definatley don't think they should be banned! I have done a fair bit of research into them over the last few months and i think they are the most amazing breed! i have the pleasure of knowing someone who owns one which is a lovely dog.
Just wanted to add this link for people to have a look at!
http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/pospress.php

just wondering why there is 252 views but only 19 replies? there must be some people who are against this breed! just want to hear they're reasons? i'm interested in why people would be against them!
Yes I am sure there are many people out there who are against these dogs for what they have learned about them, and maybe, like myself, its best not to disagree with the majority of the comments on here for being slated for holding other views. Just my own views,,,, but sometimes best not to voice an opposing opinion as who wants just to be slated.... so I for one just read the replies and keep my view to myself. Not being funny here butjust how some posts come across with some of the replies from seasoned posters. Take care, and sure we all hpe we dont ever come across a Pit Bull off lead staring straight at us.... know I dont.... Kind regards to all.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Saw an advert last night for a young pitbull for sale ..
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Maureen19 View Post
Take care, and sure we all hpe we dont ever come across a Pit Bull off lead staring straight at us.... know I dont.... Kind regards to all.
Hmm this has happened to me many times at the parks. It's usually followed by a play bow or a dog who barrels into me for some big kisses.
dave g
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-07-2010, 05:02 PM
Can i ask what is a pitbull type is. is it a dog that looks like a pitbull but isnt one, because im getting confused, i think until you own a pit you cant comment on them. its amazing how many people own american staffys in this country, but there pitbulls, apbt and the american staffy are the same dog, but on one harps on about them and how nasty they are....
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

31-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by dave g View Post
Can i ask what is a pitbull type is.
Under Section One of the DDA a dog becomes a pit bull type if it has a substantial number or most of the characteristics of an American Pit Bull Terrier as described by the ADBA standard. Substantial or most is normally a dog that scores more than 60 percent. Once an accusation has been made it is up to the defence to prove otherwise, not the prosecution to prove the dog is a pit bull type.
http://ddawatch.co.uk/DDA_Detail_and_practice.html

What this means is that parentage is not considered. A dog is 'type' if it ticks enough boxes.

This is how KC reg. Staffs and retriever/sharpei crosses get swept up in the legislation and how - and if this doesn't illustrate the madness of BSL I don't know what can - a single litter can produce both legal and illegal dogs. Dangerous and non-dangerous depending on the set of the ears or the turn of the tail.

That makes sense, oh yeah.
Saffy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2010, 05:50 AM
Originally Posted by dave g View Post
Game pits are the smaller pits 30lb to 55lb you only use them for fighting if thats what floats you boat,as for the iron fist thats the way you keep pits inline, my father kept pits for over 25 years without incident....
So if pits were legal. Unless you had an "Iron Fist" you wouldn't be able to control one?

Hmmmm...
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by Saffy View Post
So if pits were legal. Unless you had an "Iron Fist" you wouldn't be able to control one?

Hmmmm...
Good point, let's make a breed legal again, so the "iron fist" way of discipline is embraced once again.

My Grandfather used to rule his household with an iron fist , so I know exactly what it entails
dave g
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-08-2010, 08:53 AM
What im saying is, you have to be a good dogman to handle dogs like pits and alot of other bullbreeds, thats why they is a ban on certain breeds because the wrong people had them, not everyone is the right type of person to own a bullbreed. if you know what i am saying. can anyone tell me why they was banned in the first place as i cant remember...
Saffy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Good point, let's make a breed legal again, so the "iron fist" way of discipline is embraced once again.

My Grandfather used to rule his household with an iron fist , so I know exactly what it entails
Why don't we bring back The Stocks and Public Floggings while we're at.
Page 107 of 132 « First < 7 57 97 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 117 > Last »