Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2011, 07:27 PM

Fab dog walk today - Isle of Arran

Hello all,
Just wanted to share what a great time we had over in Arran today. Some friends were going to climb Goat Fell , a few more decided to mooch around the flatter bits of the island. I decided to take Maddie over, just for something different.

On the walk up to the ferry terminal, a lovely lady asked me if she could come and meet my dog, at the door, i could see a sandwich bar, so I assumed dogs wouldnt be permitted, so i said, i better tie her up and go get my ticket. She volunteered to stay with her while i went inside, (being a dog owner of 3 rescues herself) what a lovely thing to do.

No traumas on the ferry, she lay down and contented herself and received some lovely remarks from strangers. The weather wasnt with us unfortunately, after a truely soggy walk i suggested that my friends should go find somewhere warm to get out the rain, thinking i wouldnt be allowed, and low and behold we found a dog friendly tea room.

I have a very happy and tired dog snoozing away, so thanks to Arran for being so dog friendly and to Maddie for being a star GSD today.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Sounds great and very well done to Maddie. You should also give yourself a pat on the back for how well she behaved.

Arran is a lovely place and, like you say, very dog friendly. Some nice beaches, too.

Are you from Scotland then? Mind if I ask which part? I'm in Greenock.
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Aww thank you, but Maddie was a good dog when we got her, we're nearly a year in now, her last owner really did do a good job with her. Wouldnt be without her now.

I'm originally from North Lanarkshire, since getting together with the OH im in Ayr more often than not. Can't beat the west coast beaches for walkies!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Dolce View Post
Aww thank you, but Maddie was a good dog when we got her, we're nearly a year in now, her last owner really did do a good job with her. Wouldnt be without her now.

I'm originally from North Lanarkshire, since getting together with the OH im in Ayr more often than not. Can't beat the west coast beaches for walkies!
Aw, that's great. You sound as if you're keeping her standards up though. She sounds lovely.

Yes, I agree, you can't be the west coast beaches for lovely walks. We head down west coast occasionally to go to the beach for a walk. We love Troon.
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Thats one of my favourite walks, Ayr to Prestwick shore, to Troon outskirts or sometimes just over the coo burn at the caravan site if im tired!! (i think thats what the locals call it). She loves a run thought the sand dunes at the posh golf course.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2011, 08:59 AM
i love aaran! my aunty and uncle used to live there, as he was a gamekeeper. the house was amazing, and the walks they had just around there estate were gorgeous, never mind going anywhere else. i loved it there, and will definately be going back. i didnt have my dogs then but my aunty kindly lended me theirs, a lab, a springer and GWP. lovely place
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2011, 03:41 PM
sounds ideal i can see Arran from my office window and today its looking totally miserable. Dreich dreich dreich