Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2006, 12:38 PM

camcorders looking for recommendations

right,i am looking to buy a new camcorder and will have about £200 to spend (not a lot i know ) i really want one that can do digital stills to save me carrying my camera about as well as a camcorder,i want one that use tapes so i don't have to rush to copy the stuff to disc,i have looked at the mini dv camcorders and quite like them,does anyone have any suggestions???
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

05-07-2006, 03:25 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...775891-5576436

me personally.lol
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2006, 03:29 PM
The one I have is a bit more than £200 unfortunately, but I recently bought a Sony DCR-DVD404, looked in Argos it was £649.99, looked on the Comet website it was priced at £468.68, went into store and it was £549.00, told them I wanted them to price match their online price.......they said they couldn't do this as their online store is different than the shop, so I told them I would go home and order it online then........the chap told me to hang on, he went away spoke to the store manager, came back and said on this occassion they would price match, so got it for the £468!!

Definitely worth saving a little more , it records straight onto dvds and the camera is probably better than my Fuji and it's not often I say that . It's very small and compact, takes great video and stills!

Edited to add: my other camcorder is also Sony DCR-TRV60E, mini-DV and can take stills onto a sony memory stick.
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

05-07-2006, 03:39 PM
the sony dvd camcorders are ace.

esp as they have the carl zeiss lens on them.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2006, 04:30 PM
What about this one then?
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...Camcorders.htm
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Just went out in the pouring rain to take a picture of one of the roses in the garden, nothing fancy, just point and shoot with the DCR-DVD404 and this is what I got:-

Probably the best camcorder I've bought (and I've had a few)
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2006, 05:16 PM
thanks for the replies everyone,will be looking at links in a moment must say that photo is very good crazy cockers i already have one camcorder but as we are hopefully going to the beach i don't want a repeat of last year i had all the stuff for the dogs and my camera and camcorder and i could hardly walk with all the stuff
have had a look at the links and i will have a mooch around town and try holding the different cameras etc(i have really tiny hands) and see how i feel about them,i will then start searching the net for the best price