View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 04:52 PM
She will be off to the vet in the morning, she really isn't herself quite grumpy and just wants to cuddle or sleep. Our happy puppy is no longer happy.

And to think we briefly thought about breeding
Ginge2602
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-09-2013, 05:28 PM
We would have liked a litter too but not as much as I wanted Kaya fit and healthy. In retrospect it would never have come to pass. Her seasons were overly long and either split or were silent. Unless we had had the dad I doubt we'd have been able to gauge her fertile time. She is only 3 and very young for pyometra. Although her womb was initially saved, it was only when she was spayed that the damage to the womb was substantial and pregnancy was improbable and life threatening if she had conceived. Hey ho a litter of puppies would have finished me off anyway.
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-09-2013, 05:53 PM
After finding out what was involved with a bitch having a litter I was put off, the initial birth was fine, it was when the pups get to about 4 weeks old and they wreck the place even when you think they are contained, they will find a way out.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 06:44 PM
That I could cope with, it was health of Betty and the risks to her that put me off. Have a look in the breeding section at my thread and see just what can go wrong.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 08:02 AM
Vet says she is fine, no infection just an unusually long cycle. He wants her in 8 weeks after it stops, he is confident it will stop in it's own time, when he will neuter her. Doesn't want to risk another season like this one.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-09-2013, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
After finding out what was involved with a bitch having a litter I was put off, the initial birth was fine, it was when the pups get to about 4 weeks old and they wreck the place even when you think they are contained, they will find a way out.
Two nursery fireguards tied together, with the central part of a third nursery fireguard to cover the gap on top, and the little boogers still got out. Oh, and these were tiny Griffon puppies!

Originally Posted by Julie View Post
That I could cope with, it was health of Betty and the risks to her that put me off. Have a look in the breeding section at my thread and see just what can go wrong.
I am so glad you listened, learned, and realised that Betty's health was more important than a litter of puppies.

Vet says she is fine, no infection just an unusually long cycle. He wants her in 8 weeks after it stops, he is confident it will stop in it's own time, when he will neuter her. Doesn't want to risk another season like this one.
Good news indeed! Fingers crossed that her season will stop pdq. xx
Ginge2602
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-09-2013, 10:17 PM
Good news. Been thinking about her.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 07:46 AM
Thank you !
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 08:12 AM
So pleased she's fine x
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2013, 10:35 AM
Bit of un update she is still swollen but vet says she is doing fine just to keep her safe from males and not to worry. He wants her done 6-8 weeks after she stops though as sooner the better he says.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >